For those using ebay manifold....

supranewb

lurker
Oct 16, 2005
nc
To the people using the ebay/ss autochrome(?) manifold and a somewhat good sized turbo...how have you gotten the turbo on there? i have a turbonetics t61 and the comp housing hits one of the runners. i've heard of using a 1 inch spacer, but who makes one(maybe i'm not looking in the right places)? any help would be appreciated.

supranewb

lurker
Oct 16, 2005
nc
yeah, i thought about getting two .5" flanges and welding them together to make a 1"...but that would just be more work. and if i don't weld them, then it would need more gaskets.:nono:

but after i typed the first post, i talked to my father-in-law(since he does some machining) and asked him about making me a 1" flange. he said he could probably do it, so i sent him some specs. we'll see how it goes.

but on another note...would anyone be interested in something like this? maybe i can get him to make more to offset the cost, since it's cheaper to buy that stuff in bulk.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
No doubt, a "twisted and angled" 1" or 1.5" spacer for this manifold would be awesome!

Tilt it down in front towards the snorkle hole, and twist it out away from the motor for more compressor housing clearance.

Too bad the place that makes them has not just done that, and produced a superior design v/s just a copy of the Trust unit that was flawed to start with. (Straight turbo, and WG flange location that puts it into the rail.)

supranewb

lurker
Oct 16, 2005
nc
if you clock the turbo up, it still hits before the flanges become flush.

and if you clock the outlet down...well, you can forget it.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Adjuster said:
No doubt, a "twisted and angled" 1" or 1.5" spacer for this manifold would be awesome!

Jon (MDC) made one for my setup. 2" tall IIRC with a 5 degree twist on it. It a freakin work of art. I'll post some pics in my build thread soon.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
rakkasan said:
Jon (MDC) made one for my setup. 2" tall IIRC with a 5 degree twist on it. It a freakin work of art. I'll post some pics in my build thread soon.

Damn! That is a friggin work of art...hats off to Jon :drink1: