Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Could be promising

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
I'm trying to do something unique and unlike the rest out there today, yet still something desireable to listen to and not over the top on anything. Obviously it's hard not to sound similar to someone but let me know how you guys like my band.
Good or Bad \ Improvements \ Changes or just general feedback is appreciated. (and mind you these were all recorded in my home and mixed there as well on headphones)

http://Myspace.com/idiotboxonline

Buddafucco

Beef Supreme
Mar 3, 2007
Tampa Bay
Not Bad. I don't know if I would listen to your cd over and over again. It sounds like you would probably kick ass in a live show. Which one are you?

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
It's OK. Nothing that would stick in my head though. I'd add it to my playlist. If you cleaned up your sound I think you might have something going for you. I can't tell how good your vocalist is since the audio isn't the best.

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
SupraOfDoom;943766 said:
It's OK. Nothing that would stick in my head though. I'd add it to my playlist. If you cleaned up your sound I think you might have something going for you. I can't tell how good your vocalist is since the audio isn't the best.

I'll be going to my friends studio to mix it all correctly once all the songs are done and I can just hand over the files to him and then onto mastering somewhere that costs $ :icon_razz
Idle War is the one I've worked the most hours on trying to mix it correctly.

Topher E;943730 said:
What part of cali????

Inland Empire mostly. We live in Chino Hills \ Colton \ Pomona \ Santa Fe Springs

Buddafucco;943728 said:
Not Bad. I don't know if I would listen to your cd over and over again. It sounds like you would probably kick ass in a live show. Which one are you?

The Sangar ! :cry:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Your scream groan roar needs a little work, try and get it a little deeper. Otherwise, sounds pretty good. Whole thing needs to be louder, and vocals brought to the forefront a little more, but that's all editing. As far as the actual sound you're pretty good. Kinda like a cross between Static-X and As I Lay Dying. Commentary based off of Fallen Angel.

Make a zip file with all your songs, I'll distribute it around here and get some more opinions for you

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
Well i'm going to redo all the vocals in an Iso Booth soon. Just singing in my office with no sound deadening or good acoustics. It will be much better once I can use some slightly better equipment and have an engineer working the boards and patches while I do my thing instead of me doing everything alone :)

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
There were some good moments for sure. :) Like you said, with some better acoustics/booth/equipment, i think it'll be considerably better. If i wasn't 3000 miles away, id come to a show for sure....:D

I didn't know i was playing poker with a rockstar in Vegas...;)

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
It cuts like a knife, I like it... Idle War, I'm referring to.

Certainly on the right track, pretty good stuff.

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
There's not really many chords at all except in the one song. most is open notes and\or single string changes.
My guitarists don't like harmonics much but you can hear em clearly in Wasted and some in Idle War and Institutionalized and How Could You.
There's TONS of blastbeats all over the place in every song. Are you sure you're asking for the correct thing ?

BTW I'm from Louisville originally right over by you. Used to be in local band "Flaw" ;) I'm sure you saw a local show with me before. Good Times

Last edited:

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
Well I guess my thought of blastbeats are different than others.

Here's what I thought was a blastbeat, check out this band, and listen to Hypocrisy. It starts around the 6 second mark.

http://www.myspace.com/thefaceless

Also listen to an autopsy, great song and lots of talent involved. Keep up the music, you're getting to sound really good, just need minor adjustments.

Now that I think about it, did you ever play at Bulldog cafe in Louisville?

Darkcyde

Workin' Man
Mar 30, 2005
La Villa Strangiato
DUDE! That's bad-ass
sm_photo_missing.jpg