For All you FFIM Wantees'

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Threed: Throttle back a bit SM is a damn sight friendlier than most sites and no one is crapping on your thread.

Try to remember the Mods are paying close attention to what goes on and will stomp on any crap that starts :naughty: .

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
IJ. said:
Threed: Throttle back a bit SM is a damn sight friendlier than most sites and no one is crapping on your thread.

Try to remember the Mods are paying close attention to what goes on and will stomp on any crap that starts :naughty: .

Roger Alpha Whiskey Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
velocity stacks work GREAT when you dont exceed a 1.0 pressure ratio. when you change the pressure ratio and the volume of air coming into the manifold, turbulence increases. the area around the floor of the plenum becomes stagnant because its high pressure and low/zero velocity and i think it changes the effective volume and decreases the surge tank effect that we desire in a manifold like this.

the bell-mouth/velocity stack contouring at the opening of the runners is highly desireable for laminar airflow and preventing boundary airflow from de-laminating... or whatev. but using velocity stacks to acheive that is less than desireable in a forced induction engine. bell mouth porting the ends of the runners where it meets the plenum would be a better effect.

btw, NICE welds!

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
Grimsta said:
What'd you do with your throttle cable? Any modifications or were you able to use the stock one stock length?

i used the stock one, took it off the goofy bracket. and removed the goofy bracket.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
tubbie said:
tub-VaamRwgEngine-DSC_6790.JPG

OT, but tubbie, what the hell did you do to your cam gears?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
How about a before and after dyno run with no other changes than a switch to an oversized plenum with no effective runner length?

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
flubyux2 said:
velocity stacks work GREAT when you dont exceed a 1.0 pressure ratio. when you change the pressure ratio and the volume of air coming into the manifold, turbulence increases. the area around the floor of the plenum becomes stagnant because its high pressure and low/zero velocity and i think it changes the effective volume and decreases the surge tank effect that we desire in a manifold like this.

the bell-mouth/velocity stack contouring at the opening of the runners is highly desireable for laminar airflow and preventing boundary airflow from de-laminating... or whatev. but using velocity stacks to acheive that is less than desireable in a forced induction engine. bell mouth porting the ends of the runners where it meets the plenum would be a better effect.

btw, NICE welds!

thanks i had a good teacher.

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
Nick M said:
About the same time I became a self proclaimed mechanic.

nice, wasnt tryin to be rude sorry. i think anyone with the title of self proclaimed mechanic can do just about anything if they put there mind to it.

since working in the mechanic field for like 10 years, i have learned alot , but until i started researching on my own i didn't know poop. Thanks WIKI, and 100's of hours of shop manuals. man i think i know enough crap from shop manuals to write my own.