flashing third brake light

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
You buy the module and wire it it. Honestly, I think it's annoying as hell. A crazy person might just rear end you to break the damn thing LOL

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Poodles;1415760 said:
You buy the module and wire it it. Honestly, I think it's annoying as hell. A crazy person might just rear end you to break the damn thing LOL

lol

I agree, though. That would drive me nuts, especially in traffic. Too much stress plus annoying light equals road rage.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
It only flashes 6 times and then stays on. It takes 10 sec. to reset after releasing the brakes. So, during heavy stop and go traffic it works like stock. This helps alot in heavy rain, night driving.
If this annoys you and you decide to ram my rear, make sure you hit me hard enough so I won't be able to take my Kimber out and pop a couple leads into your right eyeball.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jt2ma71;1416228 said:
It only flashes 6 times and then stays on. It takes 10 sec. to reset after releasing the brakes. So, during heavy stop and go traffic it works like stock. This helps alot in heavy rain, night driving.
If this annoys you and you decide to ram my rear, make sure you hit me hard enough to not be able to take my Kimber out and pop a couple leads into your right eyeball.

I'd have thought the Left eye was an easier shot in a LHD car ;)

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
yea in europe alot of brake lights flash twice quicly because study shows it alerts the drivers behind them better. actaully here in ny ambulances have it but D.O.T said its a no go for regular cars.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
jt2ma71;1416228 said:
If this annoys you and you decide to ram my rear, make sure you hit me hard enough so I won't be able to take my Kimber out and pop a couple leads into your right eyeball.

where can i find this module?

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Who;1415879 said:
A necessary option for a motorcycle but not for a car.

Tell that to a person who has their car in the shop with 5000+ damage from being rear-ended by an idiot in an F-250. (me.)

People are stupid. Flashing things grab stupid peoples attention.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
JPsToyota;1416429 said:
Tell that to a person who has their car in the shop with 5000+ damage from being rear-ended by an idiot in an F-250. (me.)

People are stupid. Flashing things grab stupid peoples attention.

Flashing things just let stupid people get more stupid. Eventually they will ignore the flashing brake lights just like they ignore the brake lights coming on solidly.

Make it more idiot proof and the world invents a bigger idiot.

I do like the flashy thingy though. :)

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
keithh;1416438 said:
flashing things just let stupid people get more stupid. Eventually they will ignore the flashing brake lights just like they ignore the brake lights coming on solidly.

Make it more idiot proof and the world invents a bigger idiot.

I do like the flashy thingy though. :)

QFT!!! WTF? Why cant i make "QFT" in caps alone?