First Trip to the Dyno

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I'll take pics and get some vids after Thanksgiving, I'm just about to head out the door to go to my cousins for the night. Thanks for all the compliments and cautions, guys and girl.

PS I do have my sawblades with some old rubber on them, perfect for a video! :naughty:

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Boost was 16 on the first run, 15 on the second.
Peak horsepower was 430 at about 6k, torque was 390 at 5k
AFR is a little lean at 12.5 from 5k on to redline.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
annoyingrob said:
12.5? the car hit 10psi by 3800, and was still running 15:1! A/F didn't drop to 12.5 until 5k.

yikes,

good numbers but on the egde of failure.

im more curious why your lean below 3800rpm. 16:1 afr. and WOT. and in boost. not much but but enough to start changin timming i would think.

iirc you want atleast 14.7 untill your at about 5lbs then witch you drop to 12.5 and richen it up a bit more till your down to mid to high 11's. as boost increases..

i would think you could pull another 20 horse @ the same boost by changing to the 550's like the lex should have..

again, just advice!

non the less it sure is nice to break the 400whp mark.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Most definately impressive.

Lean is Mean. :biglaugh:
It is a tad bit lean passed what I'd consider to be safe zone for me...
But with 16psi, you can do nothing but smile. :)

Congrats, Get some 550's, Tune, and Smile as you break the 450 barrier...

Then 500...

Then send a PM to Duane as you begin to fill out his GTEpowered.com application. :biglaugh:

-Jeff

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
lean is mean to a point. once you pass that threshold, the knock sensors will start pulling timing and power will go down. i did some playing around on my car and it kept making more power until 12.3:1. leaner than that and it started to pull timing. thats how come i said if you richen it up it may make more hp. if you wanted to run that lean without it pulling timing you could run higher octane gas. regardless, the bottom end <4.5k is a little lean for my taste still.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
aye mate said:
Thanks! I feel like I'm right at the edge of not needing any tuning computers although a fuel controller would help.
The ability to tune the car completely would yield better results than any other one single modification...