First time in the 11's

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
We had an import face off and I got to make four runs.

11.621 @ 120.35 spinning in third and fourth so I basically coasted across the line. This was the first run and the first sixty foot was hooking but the rest of the track wasn't. Once I lowered my tire pressure down I was good to go, although my sixty foots got worse every pass. This sixty foot was a 1.661

11.667 @ 126.83 with a 1.884 sixty foot
11.666 @ 125.24 with a 1.921 sixty foot
11.619 @ 125.08 with a 1.923 sixty foot.

All of these runs were on wastegate only which is about 23psi and 610rwhp.

For some reason my car was running horribly rich all day as well. Every pass I was blowing black smoke out and running lower than 10.00 afr's. My gauge only reads to ten point zero so I don't know how rich it was running. For some reason my methanol was dumping too much into it. I used three times as much liquid as I normally do. I'm going to try to figure out the problem asap and make it back to the track before they close for winter. Here are a couple of pictures a friend of mine took as well.

p1637741_1.jpg

p1637741_2.jpg

p1637741_3.jpg

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/KinnarOtoole#p/u/19/-PcrrF2FsAM[/video]

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
In the last picture you can barely tell my tag says From a roll...........FRMAROL............I got tricked into doing these dig runs........lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks guys.

Rich, unfortunately I have an adictive personality..........that's the only reason I don't try many new drugs.............lol

Mark.......I'm used to my weaksauce. It's yours that I miss. Maybe you should go overseas again and leave it at the house so I can test drive it some more.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
good times Jay. Im wondering what tires your running, and what psi you've got them at. How your launching, Dump the clutch? Slip it? From what RPM?

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
About time. Geez. As for tires, put some damn slicks on. People asking about tires and tire pressure? SLICKS will hook. PERIOD.

BTW, wrong section Jay. (unless wife pics show up here)

That is all.
Duane

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
His wife wasn't there, he took "the other woman"........She only wears blue, smokes, has gas, is very temperamental, requires lots of shoes, uses meth, and has a wide rear end, but she's fast, so he keeps her...............:dunno:

:biglaugh:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
MKIII VIXEN;1637983 said:
His wife wasn't there, he took "the other woman"........She only wears blue, smokes, has gas, is very temperamental, requires lots of shoes, uses meth, and has a wide rear end, but she's fast, so he keeps her...............:dunno:

:biglaugh:

Let him have her then. You can come with me. :D I can take you for a ride in a real car. 11's is so 2007. lol

Duane

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IJ.;1638010 said:
Even more impressive as it's done in a real road car on street tires!

Well done J!

As opposed to a fake car? :rofl:

Jay runs an ET drag/slick not full street tire.

Congrats on the time Jay! I'm glad to see you are in the 11's club. Time to get more seat time and get in the 10's now. ;) What's most important is that this car is a STREET car and was driven to and from the track!!! :)

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It was driven a bit over two hours each way and the runs were on DOT approved street tires. I've got to work on my launches, but it's the first time I've been to the track and raced this year. Unfortunately I may not get to go again until next spring. Hopefully I'll have the car running a little better by then.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats.

As for launching the car, It was kind of a slip and release all at once at about 4800 rpm.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
suprahero;1638037 said:
It was driven a bit over two hours each way and the runs were on DOT approved street tires. I've got to work on my launches, but it's the first time I've been to the track and raced this year. Unfortunately I may not get to go again until next spring. Hopefully I'll have the car running a little better by then.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats.

As for launching the car, It was kind of a slip and release all at once at about 4800 rpm.

My ET streets are street tires too then, right? Mine are also DOT.

Duane