First driving lesson.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Ok so i let my 10 year old daughter drive tonight. She did really good. I pretty much let her just idle it up the drive way. When she did have to use the gas she looked over at me and OOOOOHOOO lol. So should i be scared lol. Was a good time.:icon_bigg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Heh, when I was younger, I was lapping people on the go-kart track at Castle's N Coasters in Phoenix a LOT. Probably where I got most of my driving ability from early on actually...

I don't see a problem with it, as long as you have control of the situation, foot on the brake, hands on the wheel, etc...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
My uncle tought me how to drive stick when i was like 10. Couldnt even see over the steering wheel had to use phone books and move the seat all the way up. USed to drive my moms car when i was 14 all the time.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
When i was about 9/10 my dad taught me to drive in a Lancia Delta 1500 - was fun...until he tried to overcorrect for me, and rammed the front wing into a concrete pillar...by 12 i was already outside with the socket set repairing our family VW cause he couldn't be bothered....fitted a Weber 34DMTL by the time i was 13, replaced the water pump, radiator & front passenger side wishbone & ARB by the time i was 14.

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
My grandfather taught me to drive in his Willy's Jeep when I was about 11. And by 'taught' I mean he got out and said, "you drive, you'll figure it out."

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
When my step-daughter was 11 she used to parallel park my wife's (then girlfriend) Corolla coupe. I tried to have her move my 89 a few months ago and she stalled because of the clutch. Moved it back and forth a few times though so she should get the hang of it when I get her a miata next year..

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Doesn't sound like a problem to me... I learned to drive a bloody big 4WD International Harvester van sitting on my dad's knee at ... I'm guessing age 6. Long time ago, and all that, not exactly the sharpest memory anymore. Of course, this was out in the bush on gravel roads, without another automobile for literally hundreds of miles.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
jetjock;1748125 said:
Typical Sooner :icon_razz

Wow the last person id expect to see on this post lol. Hey we are ranked numero uno lol.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I was ten when the old fart taught me how to drive. So i only figured i would do the same for my first kiddo. Hope i can do a better job then he did me though lol.