First Car 'Better Than First Kiss'

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I hugged an engine block last night.

STFU Kyle.

Sometimes cold, hard steel is better than a cold, hard heart. Some guys/girls will never get you. Emotions, ideas, etc. Cars don't give a damn. They don't judge you, or lie to you, or cheat on you or give you some smartass reply when you want a real answer.

Sure a car will never be a good substitute for sleeping next to another person, but it's something you can confide in when your SO just won't understand. You can scream at it and it won't cry, you can punch it and it won't call the police.

I like going out to my car and sitting in it when I'm having a shitty day. Even if I can't drive her, I just feel better sitting on those nice comfy seats.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Meh, I definitely cool my hot nerves, or meditate in my cars by taking them for pointless drives, but being happy with another person is something that I realize I miss, and I recently lost it.

Being broken hearted sure does suck, but whatever.

BTW, I named my Cadillac Anna Lee, Or Annabelle Lee, depending on mood.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I understand Joe, I guess the only reason that I dno't defend the position is because I don't hold my first car close to me at all. The first car I got to drive while looking for my first was my Uncles 944T. I sold MY first car for $900 dollars in a sad state of dismay. I did love it, but It wasn't insanely heartbreaking.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Ahhhhh 67 Mustang..........289.............what was that girls name?

I honestly don't even remember my first kiss. But, I can remember most of the conversation on the day me and my Dad went to get that car, both between me and him, and us and the guy we bought the car from.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
My first kiss sucked. I was like 14 and was on a "double date" (see: my friend and his girlfriend, me and my girlfriend, all delivered to bowling alley by friend's gf's mom in here "pimpin" van) And we made up a stupid rule that you would expect kids to make up that if one of us got a strike then we had to kiss the person we were with... I ended up getting one.

The same girl ended up getting pregnant senior year of HS :) But I can't complain, she really wasn't as much of a bitch back when we were 14-15 as girls are now.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
i don't even remember my first kiss, i do remember my first makeout session though.. with a drunk biotch hahah wewtcakez

fandffan

Aug 26, 2006
Bowling Green, OH
I had to read through this whole thread before I remember my "first" kiss. Party and spin the bottle crap. Was a highschool party when i was in JH.

I prefer car to women tho. Ask my last girlfriend, haha. We're still good friends but she knew that if I had to choose she'd better step aside.

Accomplishment of Completing a project on your car > Sex

Not that I don't enjoy women/sex, it's just I prefer working/driving on my supra or corolla. Even changing the oil on my truck is fun.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
IMO....they can both be a pain in the ass, both be fun, and both make great memories. You just have to find the right one! (in both cases)

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
can't remember my first kiss to save my life, but i do remember my first car and it was turbo. funny enough even as much as i loved cars then and before, my first car didn't mean anywhere near to me what either of my supras has or my other current project car. i have had 4 cars so far. cars 3 & 4 i still have. i have always referred to my cars as females. i see a car like most think of the female body (a work of art)...cars have curves just like a woman. i have yet to name any of my cars...my mom has asked me about this for yrs. i just don't see the point. i tell my b/f they are my mistresses. when i first got my 89 n/a she spent a lot of her time in a friends garage while we fixed the bhg i got just after buying it. for various reasons it was roughly about 3 months after buying her that she finally came home. i was on the phone w/my best friend when my dad drove her into the lot for the first time. i didn't think much of it b/c i didn't really look, but then i did a double take and noticed it was my car. wasn't expecting her to come home that day...dad wanted to surprise me. i then told my best friend i had to go and hung up...didn't even say bye. dropped the phone on the couch and went running downstairs. i hugged my own car and stayed up all night staring at her as she spent her first night at her new home. 2 months ago i watched the tow truck haul her off and i watched her leave w/o me knowing that i would never drive her again. i can't tell u how hard that was.

Isphius;935431 said:
IMO....they can both be a pain in the ass, both be fun, and both make great memories. You just have to find the right one! (in both cases)

+1

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Hell, as a woman, I'd even say I got more out of my first vehicle than I did my first kiss. I don't even remember the first kiss I got, but I will NEVER forget my first vehicle....1967 Chevy C-10 stepside pickup truck. Went with my parents, paid $1000 for the truck, helped replace the suspension and part of the front end on it, and even went junkyard hopping with my dad for spare parts, so we could turn it into a show truck. Ahh, the plans that I had for the truck.... *sighs*