FireFox 3 is going for the World Record

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
phoenix6;1039407 said:
Have u used the beta yet? I must say its gonna kick so much more ass and I didnt think it was possible.

I've been a Firefox user since it was Firebird beta 0.6. Even then, it was better than today's MSIE.
The only problem I have with Firefox right now it its memory hole; occasionally, over time, my memory usage will shoot up higher than 400,000 K and will not drop unless I completely close the program. Even with this minor inconvenience, it is better than Internet Exploder.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I wish it would actually form itself like AOL, so I can get the rest of my family away from AOL. I want that shit off of my computers. But they want the ease of AOL, and the ability to IM with all of their friends. I LOVE Firefox myself, and loath the time I spend on AOL to get my e-mail sorted out faster than I can at aol.com.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
drunk_medic;1039411 said:
I've been a Firefox user since it was Firebird beta 0.6. Even then, it was better than today's MSIE.
The only problem I have with Firefox right now it its memory hole; occasionally, over time, my memory usage will shoot up higher than 400,000 K and will not drop unless I completely close the program. Even with this minor inconvenience, it is better than Internet Exploder.

Ahh back when it was called just Mozilla.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
IN! have been a mozilla/FF user for 5 years and have been slowly weaning my family off IE. F3 hopefully will make that move complete.

apperently there is no current record holder for the most downloads in a 24 hr period so FF might be the first! lets see how high we can set the bar!

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
D34DC311;1039597 said:
Ahh back when it was called just Mozilla.

When I got it, it was Mozilla Firebird 0.6. It was on a disc that came with an issue of Maximum PC, a computer magazine I have been reading for years. It was given great reviews for being faster than MSIE and it had the ability to have tabbed content. I figured I would give it a try. Soon after, most of my friends and co-workers were using it.

At this point, Firefox 3 doesn't even need special new features or innovations; I just want the memory hole/leak fixed.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i think firefox screwed with my memory the other day. Digsby and firefox froze up and everything took a minute to sort itself out. after firefox and digsby crashed that is.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
drunk_medic;1040471 said:
When I got it, it was Mozilla Firebird 0.6. It was on a disc that came with an issue of Maximum PC, a computer magazine I have been reading for years. It was given great reviews for being faster than MSIE and it had the ability to have tabbed content. I figured I would give it a try.

Same here

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
just downloaded the public release testing version for the lappy and so far so good. the memory leak appears to be fixed and does run a touch faster overall