Finally introducing my supra

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Hello everyone, I've been using the forums for a couple years now for any technical information that I needed, but I finally decided to actually create an account somewhere in January of this year. This is my third supra, I got my first one (7MGTE/5 speed) about 5 years ago when I was 17 didn't really know much about them and got the dreaded BHG. Then I purchased another 7MGTE/5 speed which I recently sold, and now I currently have a 1JZ/5 speed. I already had planned to do the 1J swap with Zankoku Performance and already had the cash to do it, but when this opportunity came up I couldn't pass it up. The swap was already done which meant that I didn't have to wait and be without a car. So I sold my 7M and picked up the 1J and never looked back. I have so many plans, and I'll keep everyone updated on what I do with the car. I'm going to have the boost cut controller installed and also will be getting a tune this week.

Current set up:
- Basically stock 1JZ
- Driftmotion intake kit
- Driftmotion intercooler and piping kit
- Koyo radiator
- Tokico blues w/ H&R springs
- Trust/Greddy downpipe
- Tanabe medallion exhaust system, no cat
- AEM wideband and Tru Boost
- Apexi Neo
- Greddy boost cut controller(not installed)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Igknyte;1427591 said:
Nice. man your mk3 is clean. where in the bay area are you located?

Thanks man, and I see you too have the white/burgandy interior. Nice. Not really feeling the interior but it'll grow on me. I'm from San Jose, you Filipino also?

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
BorHor;1427842 said:
San Jose is a pretty nice place.

Do you work at Vex motorsports? I belong to Team Apokalypse, a couple of my friends went there to get things worked on. Yeah, San Jose is alright. I also saw your ride on CL, pretty clean ride.

M_31_07;1427704 said:
Thanks man, and I see you too have the white/burgandy interior. Nice. Not really feeling the interior but it'll grow on me. I'm from San Jose, you Filipino also?

yup filipino also.

yeah the interior will grow on you. i do want to change it though.
whats funny is that 2 weeks after i bought my car i realized my targa top was actually blue interior.
oh well... but im fighting targa top leaks right now.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Igknyte;1428498 said:
yup filipino also.

yeah the interior will grow on you. i do want to change it though.
whats funny is that 2 weeks after i bought my car i realized my targa top was actually blue interior.
oh well... but im fighting targa top leaks right now.

Haha...yeah same here. They sell new targa seals from champion toyota though. Mine leaks, but not that bad just here and there nothing major.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
suprastanger507mgte;1429997 said:
welcome . That is Mikes car and yes he made sure it was as clean as it got.
I know this car in and out :)
Moe

Thanks to you and the swap I get to enjoy this car. I'll hit up blacktrax as you advised and see what they can do for me.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
MA71_Static;1580715 said:
You have to update your pics now lol, the engine has undergone major changes haha

Haha, didn't even realize you commented on here. Soon enough the pictures will come. I'll probably just create a new thread in the build section.