FIL's Photo Thread

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
20080719_IMG_0568.jpg

I liked the street lights here too, so after shooting the city I turned around and shot the lights.

20080719_IMG_0572.jpg

I liked the way the whole street was bathed in a kind of dirty yellow light from these "old style" street lamps.

20080719_IMG_0574.jpg

k8 thought I was taking a photo of the car here.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
Two more photos from Saturday night... We were driving past UWA when I remembered the underpasses had some pretty cool lighting, so stopped in for a few shots...

20080719_IMG_0597.jpg

This one was mostly ambient light, but I did fire the flash once at full power into towards the left hand side of the shot for bit of fill lighting to balance out the light in the underpass.

20080719_IMG_0600.jpg

And this was a relatively short exposure at 4 seconds, a fairly simple shot to finish off the night, but I reckon it worked out fairly well.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie

Here's one I shot late yesterday afternoon.... From it's flickr page:

Late afternoon shot of my Supra shot at the Lions club lookout in Lesmurdie, overlooking the city of Perth.

Strobist info: Approximately 12 shots from a Canon 580ex on 1/16th power, from the left rear corner of the car to the front right. Five shots at the rear and the remainder at the right side.

Photoshop info: added a little vignetting in Lightroom and removed a few flash spots on the right hand corner of the rear bumper.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie

Shot of East Perth and the city from under the footbridge.

Some boat sheds in Peppermint Grove.

Another view of the boat sheds in Peppermint Grove.

As always, if you like the photos and want to see more, just click on them to go to the flickr page.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
As we're getting back into the drag racing season here, my free time is at a premium now.... But sometimes I can do the low light long exposure shots at the dragstrip... In this case, the power went out due to a burnt out fuse just outside the track... In order to provide some light, the track fired up their big screen and displayed a blue screen... This contrasted nicely with the red light in the sky from the industrial area over the road...

These were the only 2 photos I got that night, and they both managed to make it onto the screen saver at work....

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
Over the Foundation Day long weekend, the Cranksters Hot Rod Club and members of the Goodfella's Hot Rod Club as well as a number of other interested and talented individuals gathered at Ferret Boilermaking in Maddington for the second Cranksters Winter Madness weekend.

The idea of these weekends is to attempt to build a hot rod or custom over the course of a weekend. Last year it was Ben "Flathead" Forster's Los Drogas Model T coupe, this year it was Geoff "Blacky" Black's turn with his 1957 2 door Chevrolet Bel Air, the Moonshine Express.

To read the full story, head on over to my blog post here, or you can check out all the photos (396 of them) over in the gallery on LandBarge.com.