FFIM intercooler pipe routing pictures

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
adampecush;1478977 said:
It was extremely easy to run it between the radiator and AC compressor....and no cutting was required.

Here is a pic of my set-up with a koyo radiator and 2.75" piping.

p1478998_1.jpg
You had to get rid of your aux fans, right? Do you have any pictures of the routing to the intercooler? (once it gets below the radiator)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
something like this?

p1479012_1.jpg

yes, the aux fans had to come out, but the added capacity of the radiator should take care of things (no issues so far). if not, a pusher fan will have to fit the bill.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
hvyman;1478940 said:
i meant like what kind. because doesn't spray paint make the inter cooler lose efficiency?
2 pack Etch primer and satin black top coat, the IC is so big any loss isn't apparent Hvy.

adampecush;1478977 said:
It was extremely easy to run it between the radiator and AC compressor....and no cutting was required.

Here is a pic of my set-up with a koyo radiator and 2.75" piping.

Did mine the way it is so it could retain the stock Shroud and Fan Adam.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
IJ.;1479017 said:
Did mine the way it is so it could retain the stock Shroud and Fan Adam.

I've got the majority of the stock shroud still intact, but ditched the aux fans - So far I haven't seen any significantly high temperatures running this way, so it seems OK.

No extremely hot ambient temperatures around here either (30C max).

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
adampecush;1479039 said:
I've got the majority of the stock shroud still intact, but ditched the aux fans - So far I haven't seen any significantly high temperatures running this way, so it seems OK.

No extremely hot ambient temperatures around here either (30C max).

I'd move there but I don't cope well with Cold :(

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
IJ.;1479044 said:
I'd move there but I don't cope well with Cold :(

neither do we...lol

-47 with a wind chill to -58 (night time) here a couple weeks back...nobody can get used to that.

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
adampecush;1479047 said:
neither do we...lol

-47 with a wind chill to -58 (night time) here a couple weeks back...nobody can get used to that.

I grew up in Edmonton (southside!), moved Stateside in 1990's and don't miss the winters at all, still own a house in Belgravia though--so if I ever get a strong desire to freeze my nuts off I have a place to do it!

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Gilsdorf;1479063 said:
I grew up in Edmonton (southside!), moved Stateside in 1990's and don't miss the winters at all, still own a house in Belgravia though--so if I ever get a strong desire to freeze my nuts off I have a place to do it!

Yeah, the parents (and grandparents for that matter) have been spending more and more time in Vegas the last few winters...If it wasn't for hockey and skiing (and nearby family), I'd be somewhere a lot warmer.

IJ.;1479064 said:
Rarely get's to 0 here.

And that's why I spent 8 months down there (well, 3 in Melbourne anyway)...even NZ temperatures were a shock after Australia.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
adampecush;1479109 said:
Yeah, the parents (and grandparents for that matter) have been spending more and more time in Vegas the last few winters...If it wasn't for hockey and skiing (and nearby family), I'd be somewhere a lot warmer.

And that's why I spent 8 months down there (well, 3 in Melbourne anyway)...even NZ temperatures were a shock after Australia.
Where in Melb?
(pretty sure you told me but I'm old)

nosechunks;1479132 said:
Curious, Where do your blow off valves vent to? First time i noticed the flex hose to the outlets.
Just into a pair of small pod filters.

icpipes10.jpg

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
IJ.;1479158 said:
Did it mainly to quiet them down but yeah NOT a fan of any open tract to the intace in case the valve sticks open and it sucks crap into the engine.

I see. When I get a bov with a hose fitting I'm going to do the same.

Anyone have any hot side pictures? (besides Ian)

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I'm going to bump this thread, as I just got my intercooler mounted and I am going to make the intercooler pipes. What tool should I use to remove the battery tray?