few issues with my mk3

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
so week or so back I dusted off my supra to take to Grimstas shop bbq. got half way there and started noticing some problems.

1. front end wobble

2. park brake got stuck and from what I can guess since I haven't inspected it yet the PB shoes are toast. or the linkage got crudded up since when I got to my place pulled park brake then lowered it, it became very hard to lower.

so idk yet on that one.

but so finally I got time to see what my front end is doing. got new wheel bearings sitting in the seat waiting to get pressed. BUT, and this is a big but. when I went to move the knuckle a bit to see positively sure it was bearings I noticed my lower ball joint on the lower arm has a very noticable play in it up and down..... aint that a bitch.

so as this is somewhat a rant. I need new lower ball joints.

I first figured bearings and I will still press the new ones in. I remember moving the wheel while still on the ground for play and it had movement on the wheel itself and not the knuckle. so thats where I'm at..

what do you guys think?

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
hahaha!

I read throught it and said ball joints before you did. ;)

I'd help you. But i'm car-d out for a little while. I just did the HG in the Z. :(

Would be a nice time to change the wheel bearings too! I've never done it so this where i shut up. ;)

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Hey, at least it's not upper balljoints. ;) The lowers are cheap, AND easy.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
this is vid worthy I swear.. pass side has play but driver side is holy shit play.

I'm gonna bring my camera next time I'm at my shop and get a vid this thing is scary. we're talking almost half a inch play.

figured also since I have the tires off lets see what kinda crap I can get off the car so a can of brake clean and engine degreaser and holy shine bat man. ha! damn I need my camera, its cleaning up nice.