fedex and dhl wrong house possibly?

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
maybe its just wishful thinking? but around a month ago i ordered a driver side mirror from a member here, waited about 2 weeks thinking he might be busy. I pmed the seller and he said it had already been delivered, sure enough it was delivered 3 days after he sent it out..DHL says they left it at the door. but i have not received any packages.

now about 2 weeks after the no package incident, my dad orders an ignition module as well as a distributor for his truck. no package after a while, he checks tracking it was delivered by fed ex and left at the door. however neither me or my dad have received any packages. is it possible that both carriers have went to the wrong house? before there had been no problems. or is it most likely there is a thief in my neighborhood stealing my packages hoping to score some good parts?

both of these incidents happened while we were at work, so it is very possible that someone stole our packages. im rather upset that someone would do this, it seems like such a nice neighborhood. so i dont know what to do im just venting here, i think tuesday i will put out a fake package with a old manifold or something in it to see if it disappears, then i'll probably get the police involved. </rant> any tips or advice on what to do is much appreciated, thanks a lot!

Zach

ps sorry i know i have terrible grammar

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I would think Theft, Easy way to check is send yourself a letter on a friday with dhl or ups marked for saturday delivery sig. required. It will get to you saturday morning.. theres your test for the wrong address.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
This might bring you a glimmer of hope

One time I ordered a replacement project bulb, shipped via DHL, same story, tracking said the package was delivered, but it was nowhere to be found

I called DHL, and filed a claim, a day later some random guy dropped off my package, untouched!

DHL never got back to me, lol

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
You know I really doubt it is a problem with your address. Fed Ex is " usually" pretty good at finding the Right address . When I was delivering I would try to call the customer if their was a number on the box . With fed Ex you are dealing with and independent contractor that if finanically responsiable for the package . If I delivered a package to you and it was damaged you can file a claim . If I was found at fault I would have to pay for it ( paid 3500 for a stand up bass). With that in mind try getting a box with the label on it .. ship it to your self and wait to see if it gets stolen .

Do you live in a Bad area
Is their a safe place to leave a box
Anyone know you are building a car

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I work for UPS and I know during christmas there is a problem with people following trucks to steal packages. Theres usually only so many place you can put a package on someones front door step/porch.

Make sure future packages have signatures required or will call any package so you have to go pick it up.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Put a mama brown recluse along with all of her babies in a box and leave it on the front door. Just a thought........:evil2:

I ordered some shorts off the web one time and never received them. I filed a claim and they ended up refunding me my money. They said they delivered them, but I didn't get 'em.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
DHL sucks. I deal with them a ton at work and they just flat out suck. They send stuff to the other side of the country, or it takes 2 weeks to get something that should be overnight. It's a good thing we get a good deal from them
p1129640_1.gif

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
i have heard the same about DHL that they suck and often lose packages and claim they delivered them from many people. i will put out a package on my doorstep to see if it gets stolen as well. and yes im sure people know im building a car as my car is always pushed out on the driveway whenever i have time. then its back in the garage at night. my dad is also building his truck and there are a couple engines on the driveway. the neighborhood really isnt that bad mostly old people however we have gotten 2 new neighbors but they dont seem like the type to steal.

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
Do you have a webcam? If so try and place it in view of the doorstep and do some recording. If your manifold goes missing you can playback the video and maybe get a look at the offender. Just an idea...

I have a dog getting into my garbage and carport everynight and am going to be doing the same thing.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
JDMMA70;1129698 said:
suprahero;1129582 said:
Put a mama brown recluse along with all of her babies in a box and leave it on the front door. Just a thought........:evil2:
That is just WRONG man a friend of mine got bit by one of those

There's no way a spider bite is too harsh a penalty for thievery. If I had my way, I'd make a thief swallow the mama recluse with her babies and have them eat their way back out. I have nothing for a thief but contempt.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
suprahero;1130114 said:
JDMMA70;1129698 said:
suprahero;1129582 said:

There's no way a spider bite is too harsh a penalty for thievery. If I had my way, I'd make a thief swallow the mama recluse with her babies and have them eat their way back out. I have nothing for a thief but contempt.

as easy as it would be for me to catch one out in the desert, id rather not take the chance of me being bitten myself. please send box with mama brown recluse along with babies to my house. and i'll just let that sit on the porch for a little while lol.