F@$K win vista

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
so since me and my girl moved into a spot we only been using my laptop, well she has a cool gateway desktop we go to use it and it locked us out, password had a shit fit when we went to change it due to dickhead roomies she had. so I reinstall vista last night and just 20 min ago it said some crap that it wasn't valid when it worked fine last night... had to call the stupid automated line to get the code to make this bastard work...

vista is cool, I like what it does. but leaves no room to play in a sense. I like my xp!

this concludes my rant, thank and have a nice day :icon_bigg

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
you can get in there and change the pass, you just need the ERD from winternals, its a simple start the computer up, click on the locksmith button and change the password :)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
You boot ERD Commander off of a CD, and it uses the backdoors in all windows systems (98 and up IIRC) and it allows you to change the password. It is also nice that you can use it to recover data if you cant boot into windows.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
I keep xp around on one pc for games / audio apps.
other than that I use fedora. I don't spend a lot of time dicking around with it either, I installed it and it works.
the fedora box is a web server / team fortress 2 server / VNC remote desktop (for when I'm somewhere else and want access to my crap, to check my aim messages, etc. anything with a java-enabled web browser can control it)

anyways, vista is way too bloated for no good reason IMO.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
I dual boot XP and Vista Ultimate.
XP for daily use,
Vista to show people how many resources it uses with high settings on ie. aero glass ect......

Vista really is crap.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Oh cripes, here we go with the M$ bashers again.

Vista is not 'crap'. Vista is new, and needs more hardware than XP did. It also needs more hardware than Win98, Win95, Win3.11, Win3.0, and Win386. Big surprise there, folks. :rolleyes:

In my house, I run Vista, XP, & Ubuntu, on several different machines. At my office I have to support Apple as well.

My Vista box at home plays games and does graphic work. It works FINE. I play all my games at 1920x1200 with all the eye candy turned on. I get an average of 60fps, which is plenty.

With that said, there is no good reason to switch to Vista at this time. The new version of DirectX isn't supported by squat, and everyone claiming they will release a game to support it has so far backed off. This will not last forever, of course, sooner or later someone will start releasing software to take advantage of the new features in Vista, and then it will start to become more advantageous. Until then, stick with XP or get some half decent hardware and run Vista, your choice.

In the meanwhile, stop whining about how it uses more system resources than XP. Of course it does, it's 5 years newer, and computers are nearly 10 times more powerful now than when XP was released.

Next, we'll have people crying about how their Sony Playstation 3 games should run just fine on their original Playstation.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I like vista as I said before just xp is where its at for the moment. kinda just had me irritated this morning.

now it says that it isn't a valid windows program, at least it works now.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
SC300fivespd;1027819 said:
fuck vista i have an apple LOLOL

Have fun with your overpriced PC (provided it is newer than a G4) with a Unix OS. I don't have to pay 200 for my Lenovo to come in black :)
BTW, at my office in my school, I have an apple running vista :biglaugh:

Vista is more powerful than XP can ever be, hence the more system resources thing.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
hell on my dell desktop and lap, theres a jumper on the board to erase passwords, not in this case.... ehh, too late now.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
SC300fivespd;1027984 said:
macbook pro thank you very much ill run win xp sp2 on the apple soon but i rather use OSX than vista vista pisses me off i hate the menus.

I love the menus, I get to launch things without having to click run, and search for things from the same spot.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
GrimJack;1027978 said:
That only erases BIOS passwords, won't help with the windows account passwords.

yea I know that.... either I'm quite stupid or, I coulda swore thats how I did it when I forgot it.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
miekedmr;1027861 said:
the fedora box is a web server / team fortress 2 server / VNC remote desktop (for when I'm somewhere else and want access to my crap, to check my aim messages, etc. anything with a java-enabled web browser can control it)
I have a MythTV backend with 300gb of storage working as a PVR, and several frontends :)

Fedora 8.