Extra Wire on Fuel Pump Hanger?

SupraDrew

Apr 27, 2007
South Texas
My fuel pump died and in the process of replacing that pump I have been replacing other parts that looked old. One of the parts that I have replaced in the fuel pump hanger, I order a new one from Toyota. After getting it I noticed that it has an extra wire that is attached to the hanger. This wire connects to a little black box that looks like a resister. Part number on it is 90980-04047 250/0.47 N. Looking at the size of the connector on the end of the wire it looks to connect to the positive side of the pump. Does anyone know if I need to use it, or if it is needed, or what is does?

Any information on this would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• New FP Hanger 2..jpg
    New FP Hanger 2..jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 39
  • New FP Hanger..jpg
    New FP Hanger..jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 38

SupraDrew

Apr 27, 2007
South Texas
I googled it so many different ways, but I never thought of that. I guess I will hook it up and see if I notice any difference.

Thanks for the help.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yep it's just a surpressor, there's one on the Hatch glass heater as well and a couple of others throughout the car, must have had some noise on the line back to the ECU at some stage.

leftfoot

Jul 7, 2012
Central Florida
Thank you for posting this by the way, this is why forums (this one especially) are life savers.

One follow up question for the nearly two year old question:
Does the filter ultimately get hooked to ground or to the positive side of the pump?

Last edited: