Exhaust manifold stud upgrade

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Just posting another glowing review for DM.

Got the stud kit to do while I had the head out for BHG.

Everything went smooth as butter and the kit was well worth the cash.

biggbaddjosh

May 19, 2011
i have this problem with my 2jzgte engine and 2 of the front ones are super stripped inside.... i need to get this fixed asap because it lacks performance and also sounds horrible with the big exhaust leak so please somebody help me.... if this kit works with mine ill hop on it let me know thanks peeps

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The kit will work.

You basicall tap a bigger hole and then run a threaded insert with the correct threads. Gets used on all sorts of things. Did it to my 7m with like 5 holes.

biggbaddjosh

May 19, 2011
thanks man this really helps ill order it tomorrow, and one more question what else would i need to get it done?,,,, i have the 2jzgte single turbo motor in my e36, so would i need specail equipment to get in there

biggbaddjosh

May 19, 2011
also if someone can please help me out find a place that sells the 2jzgte exhaust manifold gasket, and at a fair price i would go with the dealer but there way to pricey

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Dealer is going to have a good quality one. Try rockauto.com. Look in the vendor section for discount code.

Depending which holes and how much room might need a angle drill or even to pull the motor up. Iirc the kit comes with the taps needed

biggbaddjosh

May 19, 2011
i tryed rockauto and they keep coming up with the 2jzge gasket not the turbo one thanks though ill just spay my old and see if that works, if not then im going to have to spend 70 bucks to buy toyotas gasket sux ;(

HeWhoOvercomes

Vrooom VROOOM
Apr 23, 2011
The Corner of Happy & Healthy
Hey...I bought this kit a few weeks ago, and my machinist is afraid that there's not enough meat around the bottom holes for a 7/16". Seeing as I've never heard a complaint about this kit, I can't imagine this is the case. Has anyone ever had a problem with the walls being too thin after tapping?

Thanks.