Engine undercover options?

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
Has anybody ever made an engine cover for the mkiii by using an undercover from another car? Just curious of what other owners have used or is there someone who make them? I tried looking up undercover for the mkiii with just old posts from 15 years ago.

Bru

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa Bay Area
I have mended my splash pan so many times. The front 3 clips snapped off so I used pop rivets and the standard card slot covers from the back of a computer and some Prematex Ultra Black silicone. The next thing was some of the other holes started to enlarge so I used brass flag type grommets of a size that allowed the screw to go through but not the head. Then there was the time I left a socket wrench attached to the crankshaft pulley bolt and cranked the engine. It tore a small hole in the splash pan that I mended again with Prematex Ultra Black silicone.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I retrofitted one from a volvo, I think it was an XC70 or something, but that was before Hammer started making one. I'd buy the Hammer one if I had to do it again, although I'm not sure it would clear my weird intercooler setup anyway.. Mine has a tubular cross bar system to support the front bumper lip too, so my bumper won't sag with the grille cut out.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I've got a new one kicking around here, part number is 51441-14110, but I bought it a few years ago. Just looked again and it's no longer available.

Jeff

Last edited: