Engine Light...?

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
I know i need a knock sensor, but after i start the car, after a few seconds the E light will come on, but if i don't move it, and press the brake it will come on too. Is this a seperate problem then the knock sensor? Also previously with the rear brake lights they used to not turn off, and my friend put some kind of weight behind the pedal, now they are fine. Whats up with that??? It's a 7MGE 86.5. Thanks.

Zer0

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
If you have a bad/broken knock sensor your CEL WILL come on, it might not be right away but will come on as soon as you start to drive. Check your codes, fix what is broken by what your codes are telling you = fixed CEL.

As for your brake lights I have no idea what you are saying, a friend put a weight on the pedel, and it fixed it?

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
92nsx;1312682 said:
As for your brake lights I have no idea what you are saying, a friend put a weight on the pedel, and it fixed it?

Yeha they wouldn't turn off even if i turned off the car and pulled the key. He used like a little weight the size of a finger tip and either used it as a weight or as a spacer for something behind the pedal, and now it goes on and off as they should. I don't quite know what he did, I think he said there was some spring back there or sensor of some kind that he put that little thing on. Said he seen that before on other cars. Not a damn clue what he was tlaking about, but we don't speak anymore since i ran him off th road for banging my ex. Totaled his mustang, and the cops called it "Due and Proper" (cop was my uncle, lol)

Zer0

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Zer0DeGreeZ;1312780 said:
since i ran him off th road for banging my ex. Totaled his mustang, and the cops called it "Due and Proper" (cop was my uncle, lol)

Zer0

She was your ex, so who cares? Your a fuckin asshole. You just run someone off the road and laugh about it?

:nono:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
elevated.jpg

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
s383mmber1;1312823 said:
She was your ex, so who cares? Your a fuckin asshole. You just run someone off the road and laugh about it?

:nono:

we were together at the time, she was pregnant, and when she realised she done wrong, he beat her, and caused a mis carriage. It wasn't till two years later that we split up. Perhaps i should have explained it in full?

Zer0

You can take back the reward now. he is lucky it was only his car...

Cycoclown;1313104 said:
it would be nice to know what code it is. other wise ur better off talkin to a dog :/

code 51 or 52 i believe.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
First, stop running people off the road then second go and check your codes again.

Code 51 = you need to calibrate your TPS

Code 52 = makes since since it will come up when your knock sensor or wiring for the KS is bad.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
ok well obviously all you cats care about is a car. I lost a child because he beat her. If you can't understand that, then yall are a Doush. So keep elevating it or whatever, i really could care less.

Don't hate the player hate the game? You sir, are a bonafied DOUSH!

Zer0 Out!

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
The wiring is the most likely culprit, but I've also heard about knock sensors splitting down the middle which causes it to not work (duh). Only way you can find out is to remove it and inspect it.

TPS isn't hard to set assuming you take your time and follow one of the many guides here on the forums.

And in on a potential wall of shame thread :D

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Zer0DeGreeZ;1313925 said:
ok well obviously all you cats care about is a car.

:: looks around ::

This is a car forum, isn't it?

Zer0DeGreeZ;1313925 said:
I lost a child because he beat her. If you can't understand that, then yall are a Doush. So keep elevating it or whatever, i really could care less.

First and foremost spanky, if you're going to attempt to insult people, use the correct word. It's "douche" you git...

Beyond that, let's take a brief chronological walk through this threads journey from lame to shame.

We start in post #1 with borderline illiterate garbled nonsense. We can barely figure out what your technical problem is, but we work through it. By your second post you're telling us you committed attempted vehicular homicide and proudly proclaim that your uncle was the investigating officer. You humorous overtones make it sound like you credit the nepotism for "getting away with something".

The response to that is, expectedly, disgust from our members, as the majority of us don't find your acting like a barbarian amusing.

You then backpedal with some justification for your actions (which, by the way, wouldn't stand up in a court of law), but hey, whatever.

The larger problem is that we're in the tech section, not Off-Topic. You've thoroughly derailed your own thread. You didn't need to tell us about your Jerry Springer style life, you just needed to stick to the technical issues.

Now that everyone has piled on the fact that your fucked up life is far more entertaining to poke fun at than an afternoon soap opera, you're attempting to fight back, in your own, special, borderline illiterate way...

Regardless, this thread is now too fucked up to leave in the tech section since you've taken it so far off topic.

(The posting of those Wall of Shame signs was a tongue in cheek warning for you to get back on topic. Obviously they didn't get the point across... )

Now, there's only one place left for this thread to go:

severe.jpg

In the future, take your own advice, take a long hard look in the mirror, and try not to be such a douche. If you want to talk about your life, call a talk show host, or post something in Off-Topic.

Out here in the car related areas of the site, there's little tolerance for topic drift, and even less for the level of name calling that's going on here.

P.S. - Work on your ability to present your thoughts in a manner that makes you sound like you've evolved past neanderthal man, it helps.