engine light

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok havent had a chance to check codes. but heres what happend im on the highway i wasnt speeding i was in a lil bit of boost and my check engine light comes on. this is a fresh swap 1j. so when i park the car cause i got to work i poped the hood. and theres smoking coming off by where the turbos are. any ideas ? ill check codes tonight or tommarow. any advice

it was still boosting normal the engine didnt sound bad ill get codes if i get a lunch... not looking to good on that.another day eating at the desk fd up

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Get one of these keep it in a matchbox in the car then if it's wings are open it's an Ign code if Closed it's a manifoild pressure sensor code......

asian_ladybug.jpg
:nono:

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
what no catabiler or wasp = rod knock haha ill go and try on lunch it just scared the crap out of me only 2nd day driving :cry:

nvm when i went to start the car it started fine no codes idk what was up

Last edited:

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
karlmk3;1474131 said:
what no catabiler or wasp = rod knock haha ill go and try on lunch it just scared the crap out of me only 2nd day driving :cry:

nvm when i went to start the car it started fine no codes idk what was up

ok nvm again cars got a mind of its own ..........code 20 .......code 22

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
thats code 22 but what about 20 ? its prob just wiring to water temp since im using the hydrolic fan and had to wire it in myself