Engine Damper?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, as you can see, at the top and bottom of the mount are two metal tabs covered in rubber that will contact the cup.

It will stop them from tearing, and if they DO tear, it will stop the engine from moving enough to cause damage...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You can bend the tabs to "tune" the amount of rise from the engine, I ran my car at 500rwhp on the dyno with a mount that was 90% torn and the locks saved it. (didn't realise it was torn till I pulled the engine)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, Same design was on my truck and I ripped the stock mounts after nearly 200K miles and the cheap replacement ones didn't last long... The cup saved it defiantely...

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
retain all the niceness it can,kinda hard with 650whp.high horsepower and comfort don't usually go together easy.my 2j with solid mount's is a dream compared to my daily driven cummin's diesel ram.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
They are solid rubber tsuper that's why I went with them instead of 89's ;)

I need to get them damn cups back I don't know what I did with mine years ago... and I think i'm going to order the poly damper form BIC>

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
That ebay one looks like it bolts to the intake manifold, thats alot of stress on the intake and small 8 mm studs, if it bolts to the head then thats a better design. The poly mounts will keep the engine from torquing.

I will be making a jz bolt on damper similar to the 7m style, I just need some spare time away for the big shop projects.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
I agree, but it's better then nothing and I don't really think I need something with super strength, there are plenty of bolts on the manifold.....

Unless you want to fab one up asap for me Randy ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
You really need to find those cups as they're the interlock feature (break a motor mount without them and bad things happen)