Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
before:

DSC_6089.jpg

Add some simple green, vinyl/plastic goop, and a roll of paper towels:

DSC_6100.jpg

Watch out for the gremlin that flips around your stock IC pipes!

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
Wait, so all you used with Simple Green and paper towels to wipe it off with? What is the actual procedure, do you put the Simple Green on the towel then wipe off the parts? I wanna clean my bay as well.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
It is amazing what a little cleaning will do. Looking good. Hope to meet you this year at one of the PacNW Supras get-togethers.

KeithH - Portland

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Nice! It's slightly better!

Ahahaha just playing around. It's nice to have a clean bay. Makes things less messy when you go under to fix stuff, and we know you will be :icon_bigg
eric

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
it'd be a good idea to put the hose clamps on the ends of the hoses and on in the middle of the hose.

does anyone else just absoloutly despise the pinch clamps. im seriously considering going to nothing but screw on clamps/ t clamps/ and zip ties.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
looks great....i would soak that part# label w/ water and get it off the fan shroud , get an o.e. radiator cap and new isc hose and clean the battery terminals! just an opinion. cleaned up nice though. do you still have your engine under cover? if you don`t, look @ replacing it. helps keep it cleaner as well as helping cooling and aerodynamics.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
does anyone else just absoloutly despise the pinch clamps. im seriously considering going to nothing but screw on clamps/ t clamps/ and zip ties.
Uhh, no. The OEM clamp works best. They are very easy to install and remove, and dont need tightening. You dont use hose clamp pliers to install/remove them if that helps. Use long needle nose pliers and just squeeze.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
damn i should retitle this 'hay doods i cleaned engine tell me what i forgot to hook up' :aigo:

most of the pcv and isc hoses are long gone with cracks and brittleness. i now have the motivation to fix them before they spoil my new dining area. the undercover is almost a year old from toyota but it still has oil all over it from changing the filter and whatnot. as for the clamps, i would agree that the screw type hose clamps look a hell of a lot better than the toyota nasty-clamps, so i might through that on the list. as much as I hate to say it because it is almost entirely a futile cause, stay tuned for round 2!

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
bryanintexas said:
looks great....i would soak that part# label w/ water and get it off the fan shroud , get an o.e. radiator cap and new isc hose and clean the battery terminals! just an opinion. cleaned up nice though. do you still have your engine under cover? if you don`t, look @ replacing it. helps keep it cleaner as well as helping cooling and aerodynamics.

my undercover is gone, too much of a pita to take it off everytime needed access. that said, why does it help with cooling? just because is keeps the underhood turbulence down?? surely the fact that fresh air gets under there has to help cooling somewhat???

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
same way an ic block off plate works. helps direct the air through the rad/ic/cond rather than around.

"cwapface" - just suggestions, didn`t mean to offend. and again, lookin` good! i just have this pet peave of "parts labels" left on replacement parts. ever see a car fresh from a body shop w/ them left on?!? looks like ass!

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
bryanintexas said:
same way an ic block off plate works. helps direct the air through the rad/ic/cond rather than around.

"cwapface" - just suggestions, didn`t mean to offend. and again, lookin` good! i just have this pet peave of "parts labels" left on replacement parts. ever see a car fresh from a body shop w/ them left on?!? looks like ass!

no offense taken, i too was pissed when the almighty simple green wasn't getting the sticker off but by then i had done enough scrubbing for one day ;)

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California

Just get a big bottle of Simple Green and go to town. I also used a dish scrubbing brush. Just make sure to put a towel down the spark plug galley,or you'll be sorry!

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
americanjebus said:
it'd be a good idea to put the hose clamps on the ends of the hoses and on in the middle of the hose.

Pinch clamps are a lot better than the screw/worm clamps. Specillay for hoses since the expand and contract accordingly with heat...the tension on th epinch clamp keeps em tight.
I used screw type clamps om my water pipes to turbo and the radator, and I had to dump them...went back to pich style, no more leaks.

PS: Nice clean up..simple grean is the best. If you really want it to shine nicely, take a spray on Mother's or Mcguires wax and spray the engine compartment, like the shock towers etc and wipe em offf. They polish up to a shine..especially if its a black or red car.. ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i used a small blow torch, holding it inches away, being careful not to melt the plastic, to remove that tag. ;)

worked like a charm.

-shaeff