End of a chapter...sad day

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Monday I watched the Supra that I've loved for the last 4 years drive away with someone else in the driver's seat and his name on the title. I know I won't be able to have a car anywhere near the caliber that the Supra for a long time if ever again, but at least I can say that I've been there. A quick thanks to all the members who have helped me figure out issues with the car while I've owned it. I'll be sticking around to try and return the favor to the community, but man, I'm going to miss that car!

In the mean time, I'm trying to find myself something a little cheaper and hopefully still fun. Trying to find a clean an unmolested S13 or S14 240sx, but we'll see how long the wife will let me be picky searching as we've only got one car at the moment and both of us work.

2011-11-09 07.57.19.jpg

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Man, do I know the feeling, and I wasn't even there when my old roommate sold the car I sold to him to someone else...

As for fun and cheap (fairly well built too), you can't go wrong with a Miata. They'll make your daily commute more fun, trust me. And if anyone asks, you can always tell them your wife had to take your car/truck/whatever to work today. :p

If the Miata doesn't work for you, a 240 isn't a horrible car to live with, I owned one for a while many years ago. Just be prepared to pay the 'drift' tax. ;)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
That's funny, I sold my S13 240sx for my 89 Supra..

Good luck in your future endeavors and we'll always be here for when you decided to swap in a 2JZ into your 240..;)

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
te72;1777340 said:
If the Miata doesn't work for you, a 240 isn't a horrible car to live with, I owned one for a while many years ago. Just be prepared to pay the 'drift' tax. ;)

Yeah, the wife is opposed to 2 seater (though I still can't figure out why, I never had anyone in the backseat of the Supra really), otherwise MR2 would be on the list too. And yes, I know finding an unmolested 240sx will be difficult at the best of times, so we'll see. I'll probably have to settle for something less than what I'm looking for now, but in the mean time, I'm allowed to be picky :icon_razz

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I have my reasons, mainly because I can't keep up with pouring money in to it and I don't want to have it just sit and rot away. For a long time I've tried to keep convincing myself that "Well, nothing else can go wrong because I've always done so much!" but that's just not been the case. Within the last 25,000 miles (since I've owned the car) I've rebuilt the transmission, replaced the head, replaced the rear subframe, and replaced the turbo. Those are just the bigger bills, there have been plenty of small things in between. I just can't afford to keep dumping money in to it at this point in my life, and there's no time in the next 5 years that I'll have any more cash than I do right now.

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
End of the chapter huh we'll see ;D perhaps they'll be a season 2 :p

Anyway best wishes to ya :D. I hope your car will be given all the tender love and care it deserves.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
Sold my poopra to some highschool kid. regret it, yet i dont. I regret it because he blew it up within a month, i dont regret it because he paid what i was asking ;) and ive found myself a MINT turbo II rx7! now i just gotta get home to start playing with it!

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Yeah, the guy I sold it too was in high school too...and I wouldn't be suprised if it was blown up within a few months sadly :(. On the test drive he took it out of the driveway, dead cold engine, and pulled 2nd gear until fuel cut...and then proceded to do the same in 3rd :: angry ::. I wasn't impressed at all, and kind of happy he went through with buying it so I don't have to deal with any issues that may have been caused by just his test drive abuse.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
radiod;1777362 said:
Yeah, the wife is opposed to 2 seater (though I still can't figure out why, I never had anyone in the backseat of the Supra really), otherwise MR2 would be on the list too. And yes, I know finding an unmolested 240sx will be difficult at the best of times, so we'll see. I'll probably have to settle for something less than what I'm looking for now, but in the mean time, I'm allowed to be picky :icon_razz
Uh oh... if she's opposed to a 2 seater, I'd wonder at what she's wanting to PUT in that back seat. :runaway:

jetjock;1777484 said:
Try watching it being crushed...
I thought that was your choice though? Never read anything about regretting it...

barkz;1777490 said:
Sold my poopra to some highschool kid. regret it, yet i dont. I regret it because he blew it up within a month, i dont regret it because he paid what i was asking ;) and ive found myself a MINT turbo II rx7! now i just gotta get home to start playing with it!
Nice man, those cars are an absolute blast. In fact, that's what I learned how to drive a sports car in. :)

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Why would you sell your running Supra and put youselves in a one car family situation? Couldn't you have just drove it around as a DD and not beat on it until better days come around? Now you have to find yourself another car.

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
Suprapowaz!(2);1777686 said:
Why would you sell your running Supra and put youselves in a one car family situation? Couldn't you have just drove it around as a DD and not beat on it until better days come around? Now you have to find yourself another car.

i totally understand what your saying to him bro,. but at the same time,. if he wants a 240sx, its hands down an amazing beater/dd to have,. 240sx's are sooo commen,. (i can find ka motors all day for 75.00 a pop in good running shape) and there really reliable,. just an opinion tho :)

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
That and it's just me and my wife, no kids in the picture for at least 9 months unless there's something I don't know :icon_razz. With work schedules and locations, it will work fine having just one car for the mean time. At this point I want something that I can still have a little fun with, but fix for cheaper if problems come up. The chassis had over 200,000 miles on it so stuff was just going from age and wear and tear, even if you were to treat it nicely.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Toyota Corolla. 200 and above. Avoid anything older than that because of the simple fact, it's old. You can get an older one but that is only of you know the maintainence history.

They are good car. It is much simpler to up keep and the parts are cheap. Timing components can be bought for 150. That includes the belt, seals and water pump. 240SX are okay but it is a timing chain motor which is not really a bad thing but keep in mind that when it start to rattle, it gets worse. If it snaps, you will need a motor as it is interference. The Corolla, if you have ever done a 7M timing belt, it is a lot like it. Very very simple car to up keep and maintain at a small cost. Why look elsewhere.

Nissan Sentra, 2003-2008(Round Body) Maxima and Altima are okay. They have engine issues. Nissan had a recall on the Maxima and Altima motors and they are known for computer problems. We have changed many of them at the shop.