Emissions Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Unfortunately your source, which you failed to cite when you first posted the info, is wrong. Citing it later isn't going to change anything, or make you look any better. Besides, your post on EGR is non-sequitar anyway since it has no relevant impact on HC or CO emissions.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
That's your opinion, and no one cares about it. Nick asked a question, and he got the answer. I could give two shits less what you think or your opinion of me. But hey, have a great day ;)

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Boy this thread just keeps getting better.
homer_eating_popcorn.jpg

Cochip

Nov 29, 2010
Caldwell, Idaho
3p141592654;1861897 said:
Nick, Numba just plagiarized those words from http://autorepair.about.com/od/glossary/gr/def_egr-valve.htm ! LOL

OP: Is your O2 sensor reading rich? Check your fuel rest pressure to see if you have a leaky injector.

I'll add that to the list of things to check along with the AFM and the timing. I really appreciate the suggestions, I've not had to diagnose a problem like this before so I'm in uncharted territory here, but I'm willing to learn. Can't stand taking my vehicles to the mechanic unless I absolutely have to.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Cochip;1861860 said:
Airflow meter is untouched and is original to the engine. The testing here isn't really strict so I didn't get any NOx or O2 readings with it. I checked for any codes and there wasn't any showing. Honestly I was hoping that there was a trouble code, would have made fixing this a bit easier. I'll check the timing here soon. As far as I recall this engine passed emissions last time through when it was in the Supra(got it from my friend).

What do you have for a catalytic converter? Without any other numbers, you could also have high NOx from a bad cat and not know it. And for the moron, this isn't about the EGR which causes cooler combustion temps which has nothing to do with his A/F ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.