sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Got some more pictures of the old beast. So rusty :(

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Got a few more things done this weekend.
1. Replaced the traction arms on the Blue Supra.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

2. Got some OEM Toyota Keys cut for the Blue Supra.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

3. Moved the Blue Supra weatherstripping to the White Supra, installed a new one on the Blue Supra.
White:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Blue:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

4. Rear main seal for White Supra arrived. I am planning on pulling the engine and installing this coming weekend. Beer and pizza provided to anyone who feels like helping!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Dam you! My new vin cut key I had Toyota cut for me didn't look like that. They just game me a cheap regular one :( punks!. Say I got a lead on a 87 gay blue sup in the cities.... This older guy I saw at the gas station wants it out of his garage.... Throw out bearing is bad.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
92nsx;1771700 said:
Dam you! My new vin cut key I had Toyota cut for me didn't look like that. They just game me a cheap regular one :( punks!. Say I got a lead on a 87 gay blue sup in the cities.... This older guy I saw at the gas station wants it out of his garage.... Throw out bearing is bad.

I had the same thing happen with the White car, they just cut three cheapo keys for me. This time around I double-checked with them that they would give me the OEMs. Pretty cheap too, something like $10.25 a key, with free cuts.

I would be buying sups in need of help like crazy if I had the time and space for them. Lots of fun fixing up old cars, if you ask me!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I'm not sure on the interior color. As for price I'm not sure either. He was headed up north when i saw him in Clearwater, we chatted a little about the car and exchanged numbers. It was funny when I meet him, he didn't even know what the car was , just said he had "one of those" in his garage. He called one of his older sons quick and figured out it was a 87 , light blue, turbo supra..

I need to call him here today. By the sounds of it it would be cheap, (I'm hoping) since he said he wants it out of his garage. :). I'm hoping the same price as the red sup I bought.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Pulled out the engine and installed a new rear main seal on the White Supra last night. Engine and transmission are back in but it's not fully together yet. Weekends are too short!

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
More news! I finished putting the car back together and just got it fired up this evening. I have to do some finishing touches and it should be ship-shape again. During my repair session I discovered a shitty clutch slave cylinder and a torn engine mount, so this car should be leak free and running better than ever.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Last Saturday I officially sold the White Supra. I wish it the best in its new life. I guess maybe I should start up a new thread for Blue Supra now...

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Well the WhiteSupra is gone, and winter has set in, so the Blue car is in storage. I've started working on reinstalling the AC system in the blue car, which will go in along with a fan shroud, aux fan, and a better location for the transmission cooler (hopefully).

I've torn down the front of the car and got the compressor/pulley/belt installed. I managed to accumulate FOUR AC condensers, so I'll need to find some way of determining which one is best, and installing that next. On with the pics!

Supra AC Progress 031.JPGSupra AC Progress 032.jpgSupra AC Progress 033.JPGSupra AC Progress 025.JPGSupra AC Progress 028.JPG

I really haven't missed the White car at all until I found this "farewell" picture with no hood on the camera. Maybe it's because I can't see the rust.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Mixed bag of news for the 1 or 2 people that still follow this thread:
I got a big stack of new (used) parts today to satisfy my inner OCD so no parts are missing on this car. I also did a bit more work on the A/C and discovered some "interesting" handywork done to the Evaporator....looks like I'll need a new one!

The seat belts, driver's side visor, and coil pack cover were in pretty bad shape, so these new replacements should help. I also get to finally replace my missing manifold heat shield.

DSC00312 - Copy.jpg

Last edited: