Electrical Issues!!!!!

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Ok so I went to start my supra and it was dead. So I jumped that battery. The dash lights and radio and everything came on, but when I turned the key, nothing happened. I checked the batter, bad battery. So I tried another battery. Once again, all lights and radio came on. This time when I turned the key, everything died. So I put the jumper cables on again. The lights came on, but when I turned the key, everything died again. Can someone help me?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Have you tried resetting your alarm? I think all the lights come on, but the starter won't engage when it's set. Try locking your car door with your key, waiting a few seconds and then unlocking it with your key and see if it will start. Good luck.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
suprahero;1089660 said:
Have you tried resetting your alarm? I think all the lights come on, but the starter won't engage when it's set. Try locking your car door with your key, waiting a few seconds and then unlocking it with your key and see if it will start. Good luck.

the alarm isnt hooked up.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Trying unlocking the passenger door with your key, then try starting it. (after you have check every fuse in the car ;) ) It takes 1 sec. to try. On my old 87 turbo, I would some times have a "similar issue" as you are having. For some reason this worked by unlocking the door. If it was the alarm, the alarm light never came on in my 87. But agin this was 10+ years ago.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
this happened to me too except I don't have an alarm. I turned the key to start it and all the lights just disappeared and I could hear a faint whining like the car was trying to get some lights on or something.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
gsmokez;1101083 said:
this happened to me too except I don't have an alarm. I turned the key to start it and all the lights just disappeared and I could hear a faint whining like the car was trying to get some lights on or something.

yea. i dont know. i just dropped in a new 7mgte longblock from craigslist. gota do some check overs. i got nuts and bolts looose all over the car. my rear sway bar came loose. my driveshaft was hitting my exhaust because it was being held on by only one bolt and that one bolt was also about to fall out. now my rack and pinion is dead and needs to be replaced. these cars nickle and dime you to death!

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Why would you add more grounds, if you dont check the ones you have first? I agree with said post above. Sounds like a bad connection at batt to starter, or ground from batt to block. Wiggle wires on battery while trying to crank it. I have seen stranger things

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
87nasupra;1101518 said:
Why would you add more grounds, if you dont check the ones you have first? I agree with said post above. Sounds like a bad connection at batt to starter, or ground from batt to block. Wiggle wires on battery while trying to crank it. I have seen stranger things

alright. will do. thanks for the tips