eFFeT's Swedish Powered Supra MKIII

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
you are my hero! that CF manifold is looking INSANE. I thought i had seen it all between Ron and IJ... but now this... supras defintaley get the best 1 off custom parts... haha

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Amontgomery;994786 said:
Anyway to run an O2 sensor(wideband) on each cylinder to detect the A/F ratio before that happens?

You can't put a wideband sensor that close to the cylinder head. It will burn up in no time!

But I'm going to run 2 EGT sensors on the hottest cylinders and trying to get the stock knock sensors to work with VEMS. VEMS has knock support but it's quite hard to tune. And E85 has very odd knock propertys.

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
I definitely agree about the cheaper bit but I don't know about the reliability aspect. I have run standard O2 sensors about 6 inches from the head on a header on my old MKIV NA. Never had a problem from them. Now that was an NA motor with no restriction and the Turbo would slow the airflow and build more heat but I don't know if it would be enough to really mess things up. Especially considering he is using an equal length tubular manifold.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Amazing work! Not much more I can add to what the guys have state here. Great work.

I've always wonder how a CF manifold would handle boost, so I'll be watching closely.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Amontgomery;995426 said:
I definitely agree about the cheaper bit but I don't know about the reliability aspect. I have run standard O2 sensors about 6 inches from the head on a header on my old MKIV NA. Never had a problem from them. Now that was an NA motor with no restriction and the Turbo would slow the airflow and build more heat but I don't know if it would be enough to really mess things up. Especially considering he is using an equal length tubular manifold.

Widebands would be needed, and they aren't as tolerant as a normal one.

Also, forced induction sees higher EGT's...

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Kristian_Wraae;995333 said:
I'm talking about the exhaust manifold. He states that they are 70 cm long.

The ones on the intake are 56 cm.

Tire Shredder;995373 said:
same principles, but intended to spin the turbos with the shockwave.
Thats one reason. The other is to time the exhaust pulses so the pressure is lower at the valve right when it closes. This way it will suck out more rest gases from the cylinder and you will have a better combustion. This also only works at a narrow rpm band. The 70cm pipes should tune this at around 5500-6000 rpm. This has been tested and documented by some friends of mine.

Poodles;995757 said:
Widebands would be needed, and they aren't as tolerant as a normal one.

Also, forced induction sees higher EGT's...

Exactly, a narrowband O2 sensor can withstand higher temperatures then a wideband. The Bosch wideband I'm using is not recommended to run over 900 degrees Celsius.

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
tlo86;996083 said:
still loving the design of the intake mani - when is it going to be carbon? :):)

I just need to get my hands on some sort of vacuum pump. Hope it's going to be some time this week. :)
I'll take lots of pics... don't worry :) hehe

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Yesterday I was going to cast the plenum in CF but all my epoxy had gone bad so I have to buy some new epoxy.... So I did some other stuff instead.

The only things thats missing is epoxy
pict6236ff5.jpg

Not so good looking but it didn't take long time to make :)
pict6241sd0.jpg

Release bearing to the Tilton OT-2 cluth
pict6238hc0.jpg

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
I love the build...but dont agree with the 14b's. Being a former dsm owner, 14bs become heat pumps just after 15psi. Running 22-28psi you should be close to your numbers, but i would suggest meth, or nitrous. Intake temps will be interesting. Very unique though! Good work with the flywheel and intake manifold!

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
tturnpaw;1029116 said:
I love the build...but dont agree with the 14b's. Being a former dsm owner, 14bs become heat pumps just after 15psi. Running 22-28psi you should be close to your numbers, but i would suggest meth, or nitrous. Intake temps will be interesting. Very unique though! Good work with the flywheel and intake manifold!
They are quite small, I agree. But I want to see that they are capable of. Because if you look at the comp. map they shouldn't be that bad on a 1,5 liter engine. But now when I've build everything to fit the TD05 series it's no problem to switch to a 16G or 20G. :)

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Supraholics;1031838 said:
Coming along quiet well. How many layers is that? What are your expectations as far as the manifold holding boost?
It's 4 layers. I've done one test on one runner with one layer CF and it fitent happend anything at 10 bar (140) psi) so I dontr think 4 layers will have any problem to handle th boost im going to applylll. sorry if im ont so clare but i have jujst come home from the pub and im not sobler in any way... but i will answer your quwstions tomorrrow.w byeseee