educate me!

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
SupraSean;1481607 said:
bingo. btw, i have a mk4 pump in mine,,, i also prefer it to walbro,,,

I'm currently running the MKIV intank pump (Love how quiet it is) and the walbro inline pump (Love it's throughput, Hate it's noise)

My 2 cents on pumps.

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
Flateric;1481646 said:
Your gonna make your life drasticly more complicated wiring and abs and such wise by getting a auto na.

so like what exactly do i need to wire and do i really need abs?

SupraSean;1481716 said:
trust us take the money and but one with a gte/r154 combo already installed

cant find one locally or atleast a little far.

Flateric;1481721 said:
I'm currently running the MKIV intank pump (Love how quiet it is) and the walbro inline pump (Love it's throughput, Hate it's noise)

My 2 cents on pumps.

so thats better then the whole walbro set up? do i just use mkiv stock pump or the aftermarket one?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
You would be better off waiting on a turbo 5-speed car with a blown head gasket for cheap. Where is Cencal? Is that Central Cali? If so, you should be able to find what you need fairly quick. I'm always seeing cars I wish were closer in the for sale section that are in Cali. You will want a R-154 with your turbo motor, and that alone will cost you $4-500 plus shipping. That's where a $500-800 BHG car comes in handy, plus you have all of the stock turbo parts you would have to chase down to go with the motor.

You do want to have good brakes with a 500HP car.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
yea ive been on cl all day today there are plenty of gtes on there...im in the market for a clean parts car...anyways you would be way better buying something thats already built or at least pretty clean...if you have around 3500 i know you can find something clean that you are looking for.....what part of central valley you from im right here n merced....?

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
ForcedTorque;1481735 said:
You would be better off waiting on a turbo 5-speed car with a blown head gasket for cheap. Where is Cencal? Is that Central Cali? If so, you should be able to find what you need fairly quick. I'm always seeing cars I wish were closer in the for sale section that are in Cali. You will want a R-154 with your turbo motor, and that alone will cost you $4-500 plus shipping. That's where a $500-800 BHG car comes in handy, plus you have all of the stock turbo parts you would have to chase down to go with the motor.

You do want to have good brakes with a 500HP car.

the car is already coming with a r-154 transmission thats not install and its in good shape. is there any options i can do like buying after market calipers and bigger brakes instead of the bbk or can i swap in turbo brakes? i might find some turbo supra at the local junkyard.

dubsupra209;1481740 said:
yea ive been on cl all day today there are plenty of gtes on there...im in the market for a clean parts car...anyways you would be way better buying something thats already built or at least pretty clean...if you have around 3500 i know you can find something clean that you are looking for.....what part of central valley you from im right here n merced....?

im from fresno and if i were to have 3500 now then i wouldnt even buy this one..:biglaugh: