ecu master digital tuner 3 on 7MGTE

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
Tnice17;2077198 said:
I made this with some info i found online, tried to piece all the best info into one.

Nice diagram!

I have yet to mess with the program to see if it's the route I want to go...after learning the AFM output, I'm looking to ditch the AFM. What is the process of going from stock 440cc injectors to 750cc or more? Is there a drop down menu to change injector size or what? I currently am using an ancient Rebic LC with 550's which still retains the AFM...

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
GreenChevelleSS;2077257 said:
Anyone know the resistor ohms for the air temp sensor when removing the afm?

FI_096.gif

Attachments

• FI_096.gif
    FI_096.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 29

momodragon

Jun 19, 2010
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
finally running on map sensor! my unit blew up and i had to send it over to poland for repair (ign out stopped working)

now im looking for settings for launch control got the unit wired to the clutch pedal (12v)

any suggested settings

thanks all

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
Hey Guys,

so the DET3 is running, trying to work out the MAF-MAP. For those who have the 2.5 bar built in map sensor, what are you choosing for the Analog 2 Scales Configuration? Seems like the 4bar/400kPa is available for the DET3 but no 2.5bar...?

Right now i feel like the stock ecu is readjusting any fuel modifications i make. Would this not happen when I am on the MAP set up? Currently still running on the MAF

Last edited:

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
Ok so it seems lie the option for the 4bar/400kPa still works. I filled in some black areas, and it runs/drive great on the MAP setup.

I am still fighting fuel cut though, how can i get around this?

spddm0n

Dec 14, 2015
After months of messing around with this device, I think my on-board 4 bar MAP is dead. Dead out of the box perhaps. If I'm getting no signal from Input #2, is there any other explanation?

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Does anyone know or have experience Going straight to a map based tune on the DET3? My AFM has failed and it is quite hard to find a working replacement in Australia.

nixon662

Apr 21, 2014
alberta
Hey guys, I installed the DET3 and everything was working awesome until I set up launch control. I had it wired to a pushbutton next to my shifter with a 5V analog input. Everything worked great until I would reach 4200 rpm full throttle ( right around where my launch was set at) and the engine would break up (spark/timing not sure). As soon as I would turn the feature off everything worked fine again. Pretty sure I did some damage to the engine and had to rebuild it after. Could this be a wiring issue? Should I get the is300 coils? I am still on MAF and had a base tune with wideband. I have ditched the DET3 for now and gone back to SAFC until I can figure this issue out and re-install on my new engine.

I tried logging the symptoms but It never saved and seemed really hard on the engine when it happened.

This thread is awesome btw. Helped me out a lot during install and setting up all the tables. Hope you guys are still following it haha.

Thanks!