Ebay turbo elbow

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
Might be able to start it tomorrow. Meanwhile you can be damn sure that I held it up to the sun to make sure I see no light before I even put the gasket on ! It was flatter when I put it on my desk the day I got it.
Sooner or later I'll want to put a 3 1/2 inch exaust in like others. It was an invaluable lesson in "flattness" though because I really thought that the gasket would "heal" up just about anything. Valuable lesson for me in many ways.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Zumtizzle;1220793 said:
^You get what you pay for. ;)

sooooo your saying that if you spend $150 to surface a $30 part its ok, beucase you got one hell of a flat surface?

there becomes a point where paying for what you get is silly to say.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Just buy the one we make and save yourself the time....it has all the hardware and gaskets and we already did the machining on a part & made in the USA & it's cast stainless steel

Some parts are cheaper and easier to get when the are made China, but the elbow was a copy of ours, just go to the source sometimes, cheap is good until the trouble of it costs you more

PS
our elbow comes ABSOLUTELY flat and correct from the start!

Last edited:

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Rennat;1220846 said:
sooooo your saying that if you spend $150 to surface a $30 part its ok, beucase you got one hell of a flat surface?

there becomes a point where paying for what you get is silly to say.

this is what i was getting at. ;)

SupraSportJack;1220855 said:
Just buy the one we make and save yourself the time....it has all the hardware and gaskets and we already did the machining on a part & made in the USA & it's cast stainless steel

Some parts are cheaper and easier to get when the are made China, but the elbow was a copy of ours, just go to the source sometimes, cheap is good until the trouble of it costs you more

PS
our elbow comes ABSOLUTELY flat and correct from the start!

ZING!

Jack with the Save! :D

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
50 fuckin dollars???? if you had brought that to the machine shop i work at they would have done it while you waited and not even charged you cause that is easy shit. seriously thats nutts.

hell you could have hit it on a big belt sander and been fine!!!!

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
Yes, Yes, and yes. Should have gotten the divorced complete unit, or gotten the suprasport unit, or thrown it on a belt sander. (not on a piece of marble LOL)

Shame on you the first time, shame on me if I ever go back.

You know I'll be pretty pissed if it leaks.

Now if someone is considering one of these "deals" they at least have some feedback on what my experience was. I'll tell you this though - No headers from ebay for me !! LOL

This POS better not leak.....

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It only takes a few of these ebay experiences to teach you. For me it was the XTD clutch scam and the fake PTE injectors. Both were brought to light just after my purchase. I will no longer be using ebay for anything but stock parts. They can sometimes be found for the starting price on there.

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
Yeah exactly ! I wouldn't buy a clutch on Ebay because I can't help but notice the scammin' people have run into. I thought with the elbow "how can anyone mess this up" because it's a solid object with no moving parts.

It's easier for me to just not say anything about my mistakes or BS about how great of a deal it was etc. Rather just be straight up.