E85 % and Temp Monitor

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Just announced at SEMA.

URL]

This requires the use of the OEM FFV sensor found in most GM Flex-Fuel Vehicles.

In short. With this, you can monitor E85 content and also have two outputs into, say a MoTeC, that adjust timing and fueling based on E85 % output and startup enrichments based on E85 Temp output. :)

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Bad frickin ass, looks like I need to get a triple gauge pod now :) Need to do some math and figure out a scale for E85% vs base fuel pressure and I'd really be set...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Base, have the SAFC to do fine tuning although I dunno if I'd adjust it every time my mixture changed lol. At some point I'll probably go standalone, but I need better brakes and some other stuff first as the car is scary to try and stop...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Awesome! On a AEM equipped vehicle you could use User Fuel trim to adjust the fuel based on the output, but not sure if theres a way to adjust the timing with it though. Will have to look into it (want to run e85 on my celica when its available in the area).

John Reed

Supramania Contributor
Mar 23, 2007
Portland, OR
No real good way to trim timing on an AEM based on a 0-5V input.

With the Motec, you do NOT need the Zeitronix setup (though some may find the display nice). You can use the flex fuel sensor directly. Setup right, you can fully adjust fuel (last one I did I used the 4D mapping for the flex fuel, giving full fuel maps as the ethanol content changed, not just a single point trim), timing (same 4D setup as fuel), cold start, boost control, accel fuel (all trimmed based on ethanol content), etc etc etc etc. Plus of course you could spit it out to an MDD/SDL/ADL/AIMSPORTS to show it on the dash. Damn I love the Aussies sometimes! :biglaugh:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
The more I read on motec the more I get in my head I'm going to buy it. Then I look at the price for it and get scared away. Still to much to swallow for me. One day I'll go through with it, haha.