E-brake shoes are the same as a Toyota Sienna 04-08?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaniard

Banned
Oct 21, 2005
La pearla PR
I could just go to the dealer and buy a set of 4, but I wanted to buy them for cheaper considering they are just e-brake pads.

Does anyone know if this is true? I looked up on ebay for Supra brake shoes and got that a 04-08 Toyota Sienna E-Brake Shoe will fit our MKIII Supra's?

Can anyone comment on this? I'm all about OEM and I will if I have to, but as a college student, if I can save a couple bucks then I would be happier.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
I too have seen that and am curious about the compatibility.

It only lists the supra on the EPC but the EPC may not be new enough to include that model year vehicles in it.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
I picked up a set of SRB 851 that also include the Sienna and Highlander but when I inspected the pad material thickness on the new shoes, they came out to 3.0mm instead of the TSRM 2.5mm thickness. I'm wondering if I the break-in/bedding will take off that 0.5mm or I can safely adjust it.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
E-brake shoes dont need bed in. In normal circumstances they shouldnt slip at at any time.

Install them. If you have enough adjustment to install the rotor, itll work.

I am interested to see if it works.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
kneedragger85;1600336 said:
I picked up a set of SRB 851 that also include the Sienna and Highlander but when I inspected the pad material thickness on the new shoes, they came out to 3.0mm instead of the TSRM 2.5mm thickness. I'm wondering if I the break-in/bedding will take off that 0.5mm or I can safely adjust it.
They will have a different radius to the Drum, but with 20+ years of wear in the drum they might be a close fit and work well, drag the brake a bit at highway speeds will bed them in quickly.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Toyota quality versus Napa quality.

I'm not saying Napa doesn't have some good stuff, I'm just saying if you're going to go through the hassle of replacing brake shoes, why do it with possible lesser quality parts?

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
supra shoes are $137 for the full set from Toyota.. I ordered mine for $35 and they are working beautifully...Parking brake Pads dont have much of a job to do so im pretty sure mine will work just fine for a long Time ! ( not saying that they are low quality )

Status
Not open for further replies.