Dual Walbros?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
dbsupra90 said:
ive never had a problem with water in my tank. but even if the car doesnt get driven, it still gets started regularly.

i have heard of people using sta-bil if they know its going to sit for a while. i dont have an personal experience w/ the stuff.

yeah, thats true... a gallon of methanol should suspend any water as well and allow it to be combusted. but youd have to Know there was water in your tank to warrant using it. i wonder what Sta-Bil does to the octane level. it cant hurt it anymore than stale fuel alone.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
gilberjj said:
i know wotm.com makes them, and i think sound performance and titan make them too. they are kinda spendy in my opinion though. here is wotms hanger.

http://wotm.com/93sucncfuha3.html

these are proven, but when i come to that bridge, i think ill go with an inline walbro and i already have a walbro intank that will be feeding it

http://wotm.com/93sucncfuha3.html

I saw these a while back, and that image came to mind when the whole insulating the pumps was mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

These must be clear anodizied if they are to work properly HUH???

S

SLOW7M

I cnc all my own part usually.

Justin727 said:
because he cnc's alot of stuff for us. check the vendors section he is also a verified vendor. Really good guy btw

supramk388

3.1 Supra T78
Mar 31, 2005
Albuquerque NM
jdub;609118 said:
Got news for ya...a Walbro pump is middle of the road at best. If you're going to trust it to support 550 HP, at near the max capacity of a mediocre pump, well...it's your motor. One little fart and motor go Bye-Bye ;)

Hey Jdub it has been a while. Question 4 you, what pump do you like?

I am going to run 2 pumps in my 91 and I was thinking Walbro. Not for the price or to be cheap but they seemed the smallest. It was a tight fit but I got it fig out on my 88 several years back. On that set up I ran a fuel pump relay on stock lines it seemed to work out for that set up. My buddy later told me he could not get 550+ on stock lines without a fight even with twin pumps.

I was thinking of giving it a go again but now each pump will have its own fuel line to the rail. After reading your posts not sure now about Walbros.

I did a few searches but fig I would bump this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

V8KILR

Dec 22, 2012
Auckland
Why not run one big pump like the Walbro WSP330 or the Walbro 416? Then you don't need to worry about what happens if one pump fails. I've made 670rwhp @ 24psi with the WSP330 using E85 so they can flow enough fuel for big hp.

FuelPumpcomparison_graph.jpg

supramk388

3.1 Supra T78
Mar 31, 2005
Albuquerque NM
V8KILR;1902414 said:
Why not run one big pump like the Walbro WSP330 or the Walbro 416? Then you don't need to worry about what happens if one pump fails. I've made 670rwhp @ 24psi with the WSP330 using E85 so they can flow enough fuel for big hp.

View attachment 63769

Thanks I will look at those over the weekend. What size fuel line and return are you running? Not stock lines, right?

670rwhp! Nice!

Edit. I think I will give the WSP330 a try, thanks again.

And any pics?

Last edited:

V8KILR

Dec 22, 2012
Auckland
I am running two stock feed lines (teed at the bango at the top of the hanger) feeding each end of the rail with a single stock return line. A mate took his stock feed line out so this made for an easy and cheap way to double the flow.

The pump is 238mm long and 43mm diameter. BTW the Walbro WSP330 was originally the Pierburg 800 pump but Walbro bought out Pierburg so renamed it.

pierburg800c.jpg