Drop and Roll: Lowered MKIIIs + Aftermarket Wheel Showroom

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
87M-GTE;1762861 said:
Looking good Jill! How do you like the KSports?

I am planning on going with new coilovers this winter. Any suggestions guys?
Also, any tips on rolling the rear fenders?

Sam

for the rears specifically or just rolling fenders in general? Anyways, the rears are a lot thicker than the back, i rolled my fenders using a heat gun and a hammer, they came out pretty nice imo, just take your time and make sure to switch off between hitting and heating it as much as possible.

this video helped me a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWMKM6wcvEo
i even wore his bandana :D

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Dylan JZ;1762874 said:
If you want it to turn out properly, you may want to cut slits in the rear fender lip so that it will roll easier and turn out better.. Other than that, just take your time, use heat, and do NOT strong-arm it.

I also made relief cuts on one side of my rears, but not on the other side. the side with the cuts was easier to hammer flat and came out a little bit cleaner/flatter/evener. but you cant really tell the difference between either side.

speedy

Mar 4, 2010
atlanta/nyc brooklyn
nice mks guys heres mine..
p1766078_1.jpg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
IBoughtASupra;1771493 said:
Hey Rodel, what rim suggestions do you have for a 89 light blue?

I like the XXR 502 Gun Metal or maybe even the Hyper Silver.

Thanks.

How about gunmetal 502?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
IBoughtASupra;1771509 said:
Huh? That's what I said I thought would look good.

You think so too? Just asking for your opinion on it and any other rims you think would look good? Photoshop? :)

Thanks!

Since you like the 502, but was unsure of the color...i suggested gun metal. If it was my money to spend, the 502 would not be my first choice. ( neither my second nor third either. ) lol. What is yout budget and style in mind? What size?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
rodel;1771734 said:
Since you like the 502, but was unsure of the color...i suggested gun metal. If it was my money to spend, the 502 would not be my first choice. ( neither my second nor third either. ) lol. What is yout budget and style in mind? What size?

I like the five spoke but what would look nice on the car. Preferably 18" and the widest I can fit on the rear keeping in mind I don't have rolled fenders yet. The front I would go skinnier since I don't want heavy steering.