Droid Coming to Verizon :)

Will you be looking into getting the new Android?

• Heck yeah, can't wait!

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • It's a piece of crap, I just know it.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • You can't talk me out of my current device. End of Story.

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Who all is psyched?!

http://phandroid.com/2009/10/16/android-2-0-on-motorola-droid-leak-galore/

It has been talked about for a while now, but it wasn't until yesterday that it was officially announced.

I have heard that Androids are overall very nice phones - but the choice of networks have never tempted me to ever get one... but now that Verizon is on their side, I will definitely look into it.

The only thing that may hold me back is my strong ties to Blackberry - I love BB messenger... but that's about it.

What do you all think?

moto_droid-01.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I'm not huge into cell phones. I just like a few cool features, just enough stuff to keep me occupied. I don't usually browse the web on my phone, either.

I've also heard that Verizon is talking about getting the iPhone. I think that's pretty cool, too. I love Verizon, I always have service wherever I go!

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
shaeff;1431134 said:
I'm not huge into cell phones. I just like a few cool features, just enough stuff to keep me occupied. I don't usually browse the web on my phone, either.

I've also heard that Verizon is talking about getting the iPhone. I think that's pretty cool, too. I love Verizon, I always have service wherever I go!
I'm not so sure that Verizon will ever get the iPhone... especially since their ad campaign for this phone totally trashes on the iPhone.
Who knows though, I would love to see it happen.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I think vzw is on schedule to get "an Apple device" some time down the road in 2010. Whether thats a traditional iPhone like we all know now has yet to be seen.

There is a lot of buzz around a flurry of new Android based phones coming out on all carriers, should probably hold out till mid 2010 if you can to see what gets released on what carrier.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Things like this are pretty cool, however they generally break within a couple months. I rock the verizon GzOne V2 which was replaced by the boulder. When I get a new phone I will get a boulder or whatever comes after that. These phones are great, shock and water resistant, they are designed to take the abuse. I can take calls in the shower and pitch it at the wall and its fine. I actually ran over it with a box truck and it was fine.
Great phone, I'll take durability over cool features any day.

NoKittenMKIII

40mm BOOM
Mar 22, 2009
Sands of Iraq
I've got an Ericson that has survived 15 foot drops. I need something that tough. I think all these high speed phones are too much for my needs (especially the price). I'll upgrade eventually, but not to a droid... Y'all have fun with em.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Some of you clowns sounds like you just need to take better care of your phones... I cringe to think what you expect your cars to live through!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Anyone want to buy an LGdare? I wanna get a droid just cause I can fk with it, damn LG dare won't let you do shit to the damn thing.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
My girl, our daughter and I all have G1's, so do 4 of my friends, and I keep recommending it to everyone I know..

The android system is one of the best around, I used to be a Sidekick guy, but now I've converted.!!

88_7mge

N/A Lover
Dec 1, 2008
Hemet, CA
Right now im rocking an LG Voyager, and when i get my new every two in april im going to be looking into it. Definitely wont get it if the touchscreen is as inaccurate and slow to respond as my LG.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I am not psyched.

I got a new phone a few months ago, the Motorola rival, and I am not eligible for another year or so. My phone answers calls, and I have a full qwerty keyboard to type messages on. Android is nice, as shown on my friends g1, but honestly, I have no need for anything it offers

MA702Tone

Jan 28, 2009
Tennesse
Brewster;1432302 said:
I just ordered an HTC Hero. Can't wait to finally ditch my Motorola Q.

Hi there!! I am in the HTC Tech Support, and I am not to thrilled with the Sprint Hero.. Here is a list of the known issues with the 1.5 build lol. Hold your dam breath guys.. 1 Dust under LCD lens
2 Device shows rev. 0 instead of rev. A
3 3.5mm jack merges sound to mono
4 Unable to receive SMS
5 Oil mark on battery cover
6 Dual clock displaying incorrect time
7 Visual VM not downloading messages
8 Calendar not mapping time/date correctly
9 Visual VM not playing over mono BTHS
10 Images in browser unable to send via Gmail
11 Voice Dial Issues
12 Accuweather maps dose not animate
13 Recurring monthly appointments for last weekday
14 Hero cannot send/receive SMS with Priority flag
15 Mail widget sends and saves messages to Drafts
16 SMS keeping device awake 100% reducing battery
17 Birthday is 1 day off between Outlook and device
:3d_frown::aigo::aigo::1zhelp::cry:

Now when the 1.6 or the possible 2.0 comes out it may be a bad ass phone until then the Moto Q9c is a pretty dam reliable phone 2 day on a 1500mah battery with moderate to heavy usage, connected to the exchange server hmm I am still pretty dam happy :icon_bigg

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
HTC Magic running Android 1.6 (Donut) here... very happy with it, and also with the 1.5 (Cupcake) version of the OS it shipped with...

The only downsides?
1. no bluetooth file transer yet... mind you, you can email from the phone and use a usb cable for most of it...
2. battery life ain't the best... i can get about 15 hours out of it the way I use it... but then, this isn't a nokia 5110.... this phone can do a _lot_, and reduced battery life is the price if you want it to do all those things for you... if i didn't have 3 email accounts linked to the phone as well as eBuddy signing me in to 4 messenger accounts, i would no doubt get a lot more life out of it :)

oh, and another plus note for these phones... (hopefully the Motorola one is the same) - they charge off a regular USB cable.... no need to carry a specific charger with you, i've got a couple of USB cables in each car, one in the laptop bag, one in the camera bag and there's several laying around at home...

the cable issue is actually the one that got me onto a motorola for my last phone, and was the only sticking point when i was looking for a new phone this time, so i was very happy when the HTC had the right connection...