Dream's DO come true -*** 90 burgandy MKIII 2JZ swap***PICS FINALLY

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
Ok so here i go. my name is AJ and I just turned 21 in February. My first supra was a 90 7mgte i traded a transam with a blown tranny for. built it up with a 60-1 Turbonetics turbo, Delphi 880 injectors, lexus afm and few other mods. was in the process of rebuilding and restoring it and ran out of time and money. Had to sell it.:( But i recently just purchased another 90 factory 7mgte, with a blown HG and half torn apart. But when i bought it, it came with alot of the 2jz swap parts. Its burgandy with the rare, factory optioned tan / brown leather. factory 7mgte r154 car. 154,000 miles. I think i have enough to start by build thread for you guys. This is my first 2JZ swap so if you have any input Please dont be scared to say it out loud! :1zhelp:

Here are the pics from on my way home with it-IMG_2803.jpg

Last edited:

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
sorry guys i cant get my computer to upload pics right now, i dont know why. ill figure it out! but the one pic is of her coming home. But anyway i got the 7m pulled today, the AC condenser and piping pulled also. Got my MKIV wheels on with half inch wheel spacers on the front. My intake manifold, water necks and valve covers of the 2jz are going to powder coat this week. Flat black is what they will be. but like i said i will try to post the pics tomorrow again! :aigo:

Last edited:

Rafagazos

Mar 9, 2011
Virginia
Luckyyyy!!!! but goodluck man can't wait to see another 2j mk3. Someday i want to be among those too. Now post pics of the work!!! Jk lol not really...

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
That's an odd interior color combinatinos. AFAIK burgundy comes with Gray, at least in the 90+ years. Good find still and good luck with the swap!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Nice to see that you got another mk3, but kinda like akito said the 90 didn't come with a tan/brown interior. It was probably swapped out of an earlier mk3 supra. If it is clean though then it is still a good find and doesn't matter. I'm looking forward to more pictures!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It is possible to get burgundy with tan tho it is rare. Buddy has a 90 or 92 with burgundy and tan. Tan is a rare color option all together.

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
Thanks guys on the good luck, I still can't get my pictures to upload, keeps saying supramania was unable to upload. But I got the 1jz bell housing on the R154 today, that's about it, and deciding if I want to run an AEM standalone or not. Probably going to for what I'm aiming for. Sorry I can't get pics posted yet but when I'm able to I have them to post. Admin is trying to figure it out. But yea it is a Rare factory option to get (brown/tan interior). But the guy I bought it from was the second owner and he was told it was ordered that way. I have to check the VIN and decode it to make sure

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can use photobucket.com and upload them there and then copy and paste the

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Hmm. Looking at the Toyota Supra brochure for 1990 doesn't show that you could get a brown interior at all, but I guess it could have been special ordered by a dealer or something maybe. I would suggest using photobucket as well.

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
I apologize if the pictures arent the best! they were taken with my Iphone. Dont have a camera..but i was finally was able to get my pics up! Used photobucket like you guys said. Here is coming home and the 7m that was in it when i bought it. Before and after. And YES she is dirty been to cold to wash. But this week she will get a bath supposed to be 50 degrees!

and here is with the MKIV wheels and the 1/2in front wheel spacers.

and then here is the interior of the car. the driver side is a little torn up but its a nice advantage to work at an upholstery shop! :naughty:

but here is just a few random pics of it! so everyone can see what im working with :icon_bigg

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Dibs on the 7M! Good find is the understatement of the century. There is a table loaded with parts, including a brand new harness and sick AF intercooler kit! Those alone are close to what he paid for all this. I'm very jealous, and (feel for the seller) excited to get this thing going! I would like to see the stock twins give a go, but I know better than that. :) It's a nice shell, and just an amazing find!

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
Ha yea steve has dibs on the 7m. But yea ill post a picture of the parts i have. And Yes the center console is shallow.:naughty: But im heading up to work on her now, Hopefully i can get the rear and front main seals replaced tonight and the rear sump on!

ANYONE NEED ANY 7M PARTS? I HAVE A TON!! AND TWO SETS OF TWINS FOR SALE! haha

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
Awesome! and i got the rear sump on today and some of the harness ran. Having a heck of a time getting the harmonic balancer bolt out :/ still couldnt get it today. have to get the impact out! posting pictures when i return home