Drag Wheel pics!

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Bigzavs;1456581 said:
got the wheels and temporary drag tires on.

black rock 17x9 with 5" BS and 275/40/17 Nitto 555R drag radials. need some more fender work, should be borrowing the fender roller this week from a friend.

p1461255_1.jpg

Damn thats sexy

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
This may have been answered or asked. Is there any fender work needed to run the 26/10.5/15 M/T E.T? I am going to be on stock suspension. I also have quick front sway bar releases to use when racing. Not sure if that will affect the rear squat on the car to the point it will rub.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
What size tire are you guys running with the 15x10 pro stars? i picked up a pair of them real cheap brand new from a shop that was closing up a few years ago. Wasnt really the size i wanted, but the price was good. They have been gathering dust in the garage ever since.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
As of now im running BFG 255 drag radials on sawblades, but i want to run the MT ET street radial 275/50-15. Those will fit on 8's but eventually i want to go bigger, maybe a 28" with a little more width, not to mention some fender well modifications so they fit. Ive decided on that tire for now but the goal is something a little bigger eventually, if i could find something that works now i would skip the 275's for the bigger tire.

Planning on trying to make the car work so i want a tire guaranteed to hook. Im auto with no trans brake so not doing a burnout at the line is a top priority.

MT ET street radial 325/50-15 would be nice........

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
nosechunks;1487959 said:
As of now im running BFG 255 drag radials on sawblades, but i want to run the MT ET street radial 275/50-15. Those will fit on 8's but eventually i want to go bigger, maybe a 28" with a little more width, not to mention some fender well modifications so they fit. Ive decided on that tire for now but the goal is something a little bigger eventually, if i could find something that works now i would skip the 275's for the bigger tire.

Planning on trying to make the car work so i want a tire guaranteed to hook. Im auto with no trans brake so not doing a burnout at the line is a top priority.

MT ET street radial 325/50-15 would be nice........

Might be a VERY tight fit, if it was able to stay under the fender.

I am looking at the MT et-street radial, sized 295/50/16 and thinking it is too big (I am using MKIV NA wheels) to fit without rolling and trimming.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
foreverpsycotic;1488022 said:

I am looking at the MT et-street radial, sized 295/50/16 and thinking it is too big (I am using MKIV NA wheels) to fit without rolling and trimming.

i'm thinking that will rub the strut without a spacer. and with a spacer you will need fender mods. sidewall design will play a part as well, and with a 295 on a 9" it isnt going to be a very square sidewall.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
dbsupra90;1488390 said:
i'm thinking that will rub the strut without a spacer. and with a spacer you will need fender mods. sidewall design will play a part as well, and with a 295 on a 9" it isnt going to be a very square sidewall.

Its either a 295 or a 255, as I want to keep the wheels I have (might be tempted to run a big and little combo, but that would get me into trouble). I have some 20mm spacers I can do for the rear though.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
foreverpsycotic;1488022 said:

I'm probrably going to use flares on the rear or something to widen the quarter to make it work. I want to stay as stock as possible but I'm going to do what I have to do to make it work.

I'm tired of these cars bieng a "top end" car. There's only a select few cutting sub 1.6 60's.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Why don't you guys just run a good set of slicks then? Duane and others have run many 1.6 times with 26"slicks.... They're better for our 5spd cars anyways.... you guys wanna run these huge drag radials when a smaller slick will be better.... I run the MT 275/50/15 still as shown in the first post, but as soon as these are gone this year I'll be getting some slicks.. Oh yeah these do rub a little bit even with rolled fenders...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
frontierguy25;1489475 said:
Why don't you guys just run a good set of slicks then? Duane and others have run many 1.6 times with 26"slicks.... They're better for our 5spd cars anyways.... you guys wanna run these huge drag radials when a smaller slick will be better.... I run the MT 275/50/15 still as shown in the first post, but as soon as these are gone this year I'll be getting some slicks.. Oh yeah these do rub a little bit even with rolled fenders...

I dont know how slicks will work out on the street, especially with a radial up front.

And who said I was staying 5 speed :p

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Why do you want a big fat tire for the street? They make those sizes for different drag classes... I have some nice wheels for the street and the welds for the track... When these tires are done.. I'm getting slicks.. to each his own..

Auto or Manual slicks are better for the track and will net you better times...