Downpipes

iLOVEmyMKIII

Apr 25, 2010
LA
what is a good downpipe that bolts and flanges to a CT26 turbo on my 1989 turbo mk3 supra?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Ideally, the rounded elbow coming off a T4. Do you mean flanged for a C26, or some other internally gated unit? If so, the divorced downpipes are the best performing.

I have an HKS unit, and think it works just fine. It has a flex section, which prevents damage from torque over the road.

Nov 29, 2006
Vacaville, CA
Divorced is the way to go, but for $200 I haven't seen anything better than the Driftmotion one. If you want to get a DDP I recommend the BIC racing with Rerouted option. It's 369 plus 52 for the reroute.

Edit:
Btw are you planning to do the entire exhaust? Or do you already have a catback system? DM has that DP I linked plus the rest of the exhaust system for another $350 + shipping. It's a great deal for the entire exhaust system, but it does delete the cat.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I loved my BIC DDP when I had it on the car. It was monstrous. Moved on to bigger turbo though.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I too can vouche for the quality of the BIC pieces. I've had one of the first regular DP's and 2 DDP's. I even sent one back to him along with the hotside of my Turbonetics Hi-Fi so Randy could modify the DDP's flange to make it work. I wouldn't have gone through all that headache unless I really liked the piece.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Raptor Racing also makes a very high quality DDP, it comes ceramic coated, rerouted, and has a flex pipe. I beleive it may also be stainless as opposed to the mild steel of the bic pipe but I could be wrong.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Pretty sure Randy uses aluminized steel. And his pipes are available with all the same options. The BIC ddp I'm currently using is mild steel; but mine is a one off that is completely mandrel bent from one piece; and the aluminized steel wouldn't fit in the mandrel bender. I had Randy add the ceramic coating; so no worries. I can't speak for Raptor's DDP; but from what I've seen, he makes an excellent product as well. I can't see going wrong with either vendor; the power gains and fitment between their pieces would be hit or miss. As in; they're both at the top of their game.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
RR's down pipe for the GB was 515, not sure what George is currently selling them for, the BIC unit with the same options as the RR pipe is 641. Also RR was selling a standard 3" DP for 165 with a flex section, not sure what they're selling for now.

iLOVEmyMKIII

Apr 25, 2010
LA
Pandaplastic;1592958 said:
Divorced is the way to go, but for $200 I haven't seen anything better than the Driftmotion one. If you want to get a DDP I recommend the BIC racing with Rerouted option. It's 369 plus 52 for the reroute.

Edit:
Btw are you planning to do the entire exhaust? Or do you already have a catback system? DM has that DP I linked plus the rest of the exhaust system for another $350 + shipping. It's a great deal for the entire exhaust system, but it does delete the cat.

oh alright thanks.
well i already got a catback. its 3 inch piping. and yeahh