Downpipe w/integrated elbow that doesn't delete the first cat..?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Does anyone know of a downpipe with an integrated turbo elbow that doesn't delete the first cat?? I can't tell if the $200 unit from DriftMotion does or not, and its not in the description. They are out all week on break, so I can't just pop them an e-mail. I've looked at Titan, BIC and many others, but there's always a disclaimer saying the first cat is deleted. I guess they just figure it you want one, you'll weld it back in. Yeah, I know I don't need it, but I don't wanna stinky Supra!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
assuming your talking about the cat close to the turbo? in that case yes it does delete it and bolts to the cat near the transmission

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
You could install another Cat farther down pipe, perhaps in the location of the resonator. Getting that hot cat out of the engine bay will certainly help lengthen the life span of everything else under the hood. The second cat alone might be enough to take the smell away, or better yet a newer replacement 3" cat.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
you arent going to find one unless you make it or have someone make it. you could take a downpipe that was made and find a compact universal round style one (for fitment purposes) and get it welded together (might cost 10- 20 bucks to weld on, or 5 if they like you)

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
D.J.T.;1866283 said:
why do you want to keep the cat?

SSS - stinky supra syndrome. And I actually do care about the environment. The 3" ss exhaust with the tanabe medallion is very nice, I just hate the stock elbow that's on it.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Not really, the exhaust system is only going to flow as well as its smallest bottleneck. Which is going to be the downpipe and stock cats. I wouldn't expect to see huge gains off of that elbow alone.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
My car was never stinky with a 7m and high flow 3in cat.

Not stinky now with a 1j and no cat. Once in a while I'll get a smell but it's not of rotten eggs.

Best bet to get power and keep both would be to buy the downpipe. Cut and weld in a 3 in high flow and do the same with the rear cat.

One cat is enough tho.