Downpipe for the ebay manifold

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Whos gonna step up and start making downpipes for the ebay manifold? Just assume its a standard T4 vband and crank them out.

If we get downpipes available for that setup and oil feed/return kits for that setup, high horsepower MK3s will start popping up out of the woodwork.

Seriously though, if you're a shop or have the means to fab lots of these units up - do it!

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
ya xs power needs to start making them in a kit like there 2j set up.i just made one from a 3" hair pin.it ended up costing alot to make.i did do it all in stainless thought.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
i have the means to make oil lines....... my friend is putting a t66 on his ss autochrome manifold...and we are going to make oil lines up...

i could assume all t4 series turbos would be the same distances with that manifold from the oil drain and feed....or VERY close...so i could probably make up oil lines.....

ill look into it....who will make the dp though?

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
I made mine with relative ease...But because the design of the ebay manifold its going to be tough to make a universal fit DP that is going to fit with no modifications...Once you start to get into adding spacers to fit the turbo it completely alters the fitment of the downpipe. Same goes for the oil lines, mainly the drain will be a problem.

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
MK3Brent said:
it's a lot easier than making a CT26 DP.

I could make diagrams to be used... sharp 90, 2 45's cut to length.. all done.

Ditto, the design is so simple.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Even just package a V-band flange, the correct tight radius 90* bend, and the two 45's plus a cat flange and let them weld it together themself?

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
mine comes a little further off the turbo,but same idea.i'm also running a spacer under the turbo.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
shaeff said:
damn that looks heavy! haha.

-shaeff

yea and the manifold is so poorly designed and the turbo is to big for it...it has to be picked up as it is in that pic (minus the DP) and put on the car. Can't reach the nuts on the T4 flange to do the turbo serperately after its in the car...So yes, it is very heavy.

The 1jz ebay manifold looks so much nicer. Looks like its a lot easier to make the downpipe fit as well..

Edit if I can test fit mine on another car with the same manifold and a different turbo and it fits relatively well then i can make more...

Last edited:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
ya they put the t4 flange way too far back on it, i can talk to my friend bryce to see if he wants to star makin em, he made mine

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
^^^ ya, mostly all the JZ manifolds ive seen angle the turbo towards the side of the car, whereas the 7m manifold is pointed straight forward

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Bigzavs said:
^^^ ya, mostly all the JZ manifolds ive seen angle the turbo towards the side of the car, whereas the 7m manifold is pointed straight forward
I've noticed this also, and it's gay!
Having a big turbo, and it's just pointing straight ahead, it doesn't look right at all. I always wished the stock mani would angle the turbo a little bit...

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Alright then, maybe just the first bend because of spacers and what not. Even with that it would make it alot easier for folks to get this installed.

So whos gonna step up?