Downpipe for the ebay manifold

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
my downpipe ended up costing me 50 bucks for the T70

For Randy : ive got 2 T3 flanges welded onto mine (B4 i knew about the spacer they made) it got me just enough space to clock the compressor housing down enough and not hit the manifold

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
RacerXJ220 said:
Would the 2jz SS Autochrome one work on our cars? Has anyone tried to see if it would fit?

Just a thought
a friend of mine bought the ss autochrome 2j kit(mani,dp,intake,dt).the funny thing is the 2j mani t4 flange is straight and mine is angled(1j mani).his dp bolted to my turbo perfect and dropped down by the trans with no clearance issue's.the dp looks great and all i would have to do is make a mid pipe.the only thing that suck's about the dp is mild steel o2 bungs and v-band flange.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
blackout_89t said:
yea and the manifold is so poorly designed and the turbo is to big for it...it has to be picked up as it is in that pic (minus the DP) and put on the car. Can't reach the nuts on the T4 flange to do the turbo serperately after its in the car...So yes, it is very heavy.

The 1jz ebay manifold looks so much nicer. Looks like its a lot easier to make the downpipe fit as well..

i could of got a 4" dp to fit.i wouldn't say the 1j mani is nicer.it comes with its own set of problems(made for a soarer,not a supra).the 1jz doesn't have the ps resivour in the way,making it more of a straight forward design.they probably should have angled the t4 flange on the 7m mani.here's a pic with the mani bolted no turbo

p155822_1.jpg

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
i think we all have our dramas, check out how close my turbo is to firewall, what makes it worse is how high it is cause i opted for a t3 flange turbo. whats not in the pics is the clutch master cylinder as my car is going manual - estimates gap between this cylinder and downpipes is about5mm

p1010459.jpg

heres a link to more pics for a better idea and the wastegate which also needs to fit - have u guys had any probs fitting a 50mm wastegate - i got a trust one with square based flange, even more custom mod shit

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2721

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
disturbed1 said:
i think we all have our dramas, check out how close my turbo is to firewall, what makes it worse is how high it is cause i opted for a t3 flange turbo. whats not in the pics is the clutch master cylinder as my car is going manual - estimates gap between this cylinder and downpipes is about5mm

http://i50.imagethrust.com/i/251034/p1010459.jpg

heres a link to more pics for a better idea and the wastegate which also needs to fit - have u guys had any probs fitting a 50mm wastegate - i got a trust one with square based flange, even more custom mod shit

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2721

Yea my downpipe is just about resting against the heat shield for the ABS brake lines. Looks even harder on a RHD car...

As for the 4 bolt wastgate, you are going to have to rotate the flange 90* You are pretty much gauranteed to have no room to make a dump tube the way it is now, another horrible design.

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
hey guys, i had the same drama with the street imports header which i believe is the same, ive got a gt4088 turbo, i called larry up at sp and he made me a downpipe and sent it to me with the turbo, i just measured how much room i had from the back of the t4 flange on the header to the firewall and he made one for me that fit perfect. i ended up using one big spacer. as far as the wastegate, i welded a v band for a tial on the header and i am using that works good so far, i just installed my aem and need to tune and go to the dyno but right now its too cold for that in nyc. if i could ever get my digi camera to work with my windows ME i would post pics.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
We offer downpipes for the 1J manifold.

7M manifolds are next, I was thinking for either, what if we just made it a half downpipe like SP, etc. It would easier to make, then you can just do the lower part yourself?