Down To my Last 4 Cigs before I quit

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
smoking anything is gross.

weed included. inhaling smoke into your lungs is bad, doesn't matter where the fuck it comes from. smelling like ganja IMO is not any more attractive than smelling like an ashtray, it just seems to be more accepted.

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
Well I Official quit over the weekend and I feel like Shit right now. Kinda tired, dizzy, and overall bad. I just cheated and tried to have one but got half way and felt like I was just going to fall out. Hope this ends soon.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
mcpcola;1289635 said:
Well I Official quit over the weekend and I feel like Shit right now. Kinda tired, dizzy, and overall bad. I just cheated and tried to have one but got half way and felt like I was just going to fall out. Hope this ends soon.

Goodluck. My first day or two wasnt too bad. Day 3 started and i already had dreams about cigarettes.I keep a pack of winter fresh and i had a whole bag of jolly ranchers, but i ran out of those so im trying these life savers in mint flavor. Just take it one day at a time. Thats what ive done and it seems to be working.Yes i still get bad cravings, but its how you deal with them without resorting to smoking

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i just quit but started again. i went 2 weeks with one cig. smoking is just so much better un less you have a reason to quit.

you should try smarties or sweet tarts or some addicting candy or pistachios or something. just roll up 20 joints smoke a joint when you wanna grit.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
^ Yeah, that makes sense.

It'll get better Fuzz. Stick with it. The physical craving will diminish quickly, it's the psychological one that's tough. I quit because my family is genetically predisposed to lung cancer. Since nearly every relative has succumbed to it I strongly suspect that'll be my fate anyway. All the time spent at altitude and working in Chernobyl probably isn't going to help either. That's life though...you can't go through it being afraid.

Hope the following is of help: I smoked from age 15 to 41 (now 66), 3 packs a day. as time went on I got bronchitis every six months. I used to wheeze and gurgle constantly, to the point where it waked me from sleep. I went to the dermatologist with a white patch on my lower lip. He said I was flirting with lip cancer. So I was smart: I moved the cigarette to the other side of my mouth. One year later, I found my self gradually beginning to accept the onset of death, as breathing got more difficult. I bought a new '84 300 ZX and vowed to never smoke in it, but that went by the wayside. I felt like a piece of meat marinated in nicotine.

One spring day I drove down a local farm road, sun shining, bales of hay in the field, took out a cigarette, and all of a sudden it hit me: LIFE IS WORTH WHAT GOD GIVES YOU. WHY AM I LETTING THESE F.....G THINGS CONTROL MY LIFE?

The next day at the Doctor, my bp was 170/120, I had the shakes, and all I wanted was to cut then ends off the pack of cigarettes, stick the whole end in my mouth, light the other end and suck in all that good essense. Instead, I got on Nicorette (prescription in '84) and Tenormin (the first beta blocker). I found myself reaching for a smoke, then realizing I should not do it, letting one second pass, and then reaching for a smoke again. That would happen times in 10 seconds.

The first 2 months were the most difficult. The cigarette was my companion for so long. There were no admonitions against smoking in work back then. After that it became easier. One of my friends who had given up cigarettes said that the tendancy to drink would increase. I cannot say he was wrong.

But after about 2 years, dreams about smoking started to disappear and I was almost fully normalized. Also gained about 30 pounds, which gradually disappeared.

Had I continued cigarettes, I would have been in the ground along with a teenage friend who I used to build cars with. He died at age 57.

Tobacco, believe it or not, is the most addictive substance. Hold on through the first month, and you will be OK, but you will need to exercise will power. I did need to carry a pack with me, just to know that if I broke down and needed a smoke, I would not be forced into a stressful situation. Never opened the pack.

Hope this helps. Think of your family and kids if you have them.

BernieK

Fuzz420;1286411 said:
Over the last several weeks/months i have been thinking about quitting. Well today is that day with the prices going way up.

Aside from the obvious health benefits, financially i REFUSE to pay $6+/- a pack to kill myself.

My goal is to quite cold turkey. No patches, no drugs, and no whatever else they make. Break this strangle hold of an addiction and start saving money and living a healthier life.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Thanks for the words of encouragement Jetjock and Berniek.My family has high blood pressure, heart disease, and every thing else cardiac related.

Today is my first full week;7days, without a cigarette. Pysically im doing well, but psychologically i want a cig bad.Oh well ill make due

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Congrats and hang in there. I quit 4 years ago and ashtrays now smeel like shit, so when you get the craving think of it as smoking a turd.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Hang in there fuzz!

I've been smokeless-tobacco free for 2 weeks now.. It's been a little tough but I've gone through 4 packs of Orbit gum and almost a bag of life savers!

I starting finding little things to do with both of my cars to keep me busy as well.