DOT Projector Headlight Conversion...LOOOK

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
group a supra said:
i am friendly with someone who works there let me find out he has a mkiii

Oh man if you can ask that would be great. I thknk the only issue will be with the surround bezel and top covers, since the MR2 top covers are different on the outter edges. However it will be an easy modification to make it fit.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Those aren't stock height - they are modified so they don't open as far anymore.

This would be great if it would work, many of us have been looking for a quality bolt in kit for the Supra for years. Something that can be upgraded to HID hi & lo beams as well would be fantastic.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
GrimJack said:
Those aren't stock height - they are modified so they don't open as far anymore.

This would be great if it would work, many of us have been looking for a quality bolt in kit for the Supra for years. Something that can be upgraded to HID hi & lo beams as well would be fantastic.

Thats right. They include modified arms and motors I believe. They are also available with an HID set up. I've sent an email regarding the DOT North American model and HID set up. I'll order a set if I like what I hear. Im also goin to do some research to see if the internal buckets are the same as the MR2. I think this kit can easily be modified to fit our cars.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Well I doubt that the MR2 kit would work in the MKIII, but same Idea would be great. I actually started working on that same exact idea a while back and never finish cause I found a small problem that I bet a lot of people have no idea about and that is that the head light bracket / hinge assemblies are different early and late MKIII (i.e. the 89 change over). Working on the V8 TT swap as set that to the back burner for now.

One Idea that i have recently thought of that would be 10 times easier is to ues the OEM Porsche Bi-Xenon Projectors. This setup being a Bi-xenon then only requiers the use on one lamp per side

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Have a look at my headlight mod thread. I did an extensive write-up on installing different lamps and modifying the lift assembly to lower the pop-up height: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18540

Looking at the MR2 lamp photos, I think it would not fit easily, plus the beam cut-off is designed for RHD UK roads, so you'd glare oncoming traffic. You'd be better off just ordering the Hella lamps and installing them yourself.
Untitled-11.jpg

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Quote taken from link- "The lamps are "E" marked and suitable for road use in Europe - they can also be user configured for left or right hand drive. A DOT approved version is also available for the American market."

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
That's all well and good, Jason, and is very pertinent information.....
However, it means nothing if they don't fit our car ;)
lol

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
supra90turbo said:
That's all well and good, Jason, and is very pertinent information.....
However, it means nothing if they don't fit our car ;)
lol

Fitment can be solved with only a hacksaw and some bondo:naughty: lol.

But seriously. someone should turn this into a project/write-up thread.