DOT Projector Headlight Conversion...LOOOK

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Wouldnt it be easier to fit FX-R Projectors with matching HID bulbs to a set of housings for an even lower price? The housing should bolt right in like the sealed beam does.

Why change all of that for no reason? You can get the whole projector/bulb/ballast kit from retrofitsource for about the same amount in USD.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
nosechunks;1500028 said:
Wouldnt it be easier to fit FX-R Projectors with matching HID bulbs to a set of housings for an even lower price? The housing should bolt right in like the sealed beam does.

Why change all of that for no reason? You can get the whole projector/bulb/ballast kit from retrofitsource for about the same amount in USD.

Do you have a link to any of this information?

88 Blue_Dragon

Wish i hadn't sold my sup
Dec 3, 2008
Beaverton, Or
if the mr2 has a 7 inch sealed beam and the supra has a 7 inch too (sounds bad lol):naughty:. i would think the unit would most likely fit, but trying to support the weight would be hard. but who knows until someone tries it.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
nosechunks;1500028 said:

Now there's a guy who GETS it!
That's my plan. Cheap ebay housings like this:
41PeJ7ESAEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So the beam doesn't get scattered

With the FX-R projectors. Should be an easy project that would triple the vision. Of course, I'd like the low rise NSX lamps, but I'm also a realist who knows his budget ;)

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
There are a few of us who have this setup already but it uses our own custom brackets. Rodel and Nick I believe are the only ones with it complete. I only have one side in right now. You can pickup US dot version here of course. The 90mm version fit very will inside of our buckets. I think its a perfect size and will have awesome output. Which from what I read accepts hid very well also.

These work perfectly for us because they are weather sealed so we wouldnt need some kind of housing for it to be in like if you were to use a FX-R or any other HID projector.

Heres a picture..
picture.php

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
nerfkhat;1500213 said:
There are a few of us who have this setup already but it uses our own custom brackets. Rodel and Nick I believe are the only ones with it complete. I only have one side in right now. You can pickup US dot version here of course. The 90mm version fit very will inside of our buckets. I think its a perfect size and will have awesome output. Which from what I read accepts hid very well also.

These work perfectly for us because they are weather sealed so we wouldnt need some kind of housing for it to be in like if you were to use a FX-R or any other HID projector.

Heres a picture..
picture.php

I WANT DETAILS. NOW! please? :icon_bigg

That is exactly like what I would want. How does it look turned on? Do they close well? How easy/hard is it? What parts are those exactly? (ie: Is it a kit like the one for the MR2, or was this a completely pieced together set up?)