Door Handle Replace Help

Brady

Feb 4, 2007
Bay Area
www.nbhq.net
Replacing my busted ass handle with one from the dealer, I got the door panel off and two bolts off of the busted one but ones holding the lock cylinder are seemingly inaccessible.

Now what?

Anybody have any experience doing this?

Thanks

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
You've got two rods for the locks that have a little plastic clip holding them on. As stated, take the lock off outside of the car. Once loose, it's still sometimes a pain to get out. There's another bolt holding the sensor for the light switch. That piece can come off and make removal much easier. Pull up, and rotate the bottom edge out first.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Relevant question: Is there some sort of gasket that's supposed to go between the handle and outer door skin?

Brady

Feb 4, 2007
Bay Area
www.nbhq.net
got the old crud handle off, putting the new one on is proving to be just as much a PITA

the tabs that hold in the top corner bolts are super flimsy so getting them to line up so the handle doesnt stick out is tough

Brady

Feb 4, 2007
Bay Area
www.nbhq.net
so i finally got the fucker on and one thing im noticing is that when i lock it and walk away for a minute the alarm led does go on and pulling the handle doesnt turn on the dome lights

did i accidentally unplug something?

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
test your connections again... you obviously have a connection messed up somewhere

p.s. my 88 supra didnt have the gaskets....
do you have an 89- supra as well?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
shit man... i need a new gasket for it but dont feel like shelling out the money for a new handle. i got a handle off a car at a junkyard but the gasket is all worn and brittle. would black rtv or something like that work?