domestic beating

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
well i've only had my car back since beginning of november, finished up my 7mgte swap, and i've already had some good races.

first is my buddies '97 cobra with 4.10 gears, bunch of suspension work, and cat back exhaust. we raced three different times. first was from about 10mph and he totally just stomped me because i started in first for some stupid reason. second race we went from a third gear pull and it was dead even the whole way to about 90mph or so then we shut down. the last race we were turning right at a light and he was in front of me. when i got over in the other lane and was at his rear bumper he hit it and so did i. and i straight up just walked him haha. no clue how but he was pissed. racing him was the biggest deal because ever since we started driving i've had the slowest car in our group of friends and he's had the fastest. once i started my 7mgte swap everyone doubted i'd get it running at all, let alone beat the cobra. so it was a smack in the face to my friends for doubting me haha.

second is a buddy from my car club with a '97 z28 camaro. its an auto with a cat back only. we went from around a 45-50 roll and it wasn't even close. i pulled three cars easy within a few seconds every time we raced.

last domestic i've raced was a '96-'97 trans am. it was some stupid high school kids thinking they were gonna get an easy kill against me. we went off a red light. i launched perfect with no spin and jumped half a car on him. by the end of second he caught me but once i hit third i started pulling pretty good on him and he shut down. they wouldn't even drive up next to me after that.

sorry for the long post but i've just been so pumped having the car back and beating up on the domestic guys. after a long project its finally payoff time!

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
ha thought everyone would like the title. i planned on going turbo ever since i got the car.

just played with a couple ricers on my way back from lunch haha. so much fun but i won't be wasting gas on them for too long. also raced a G37 a couple days ago. it was pretty quick. got him going in a straight line but when we went off a turn i had no traction through 2nd gear.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
damn and you killed a $35,000 dollar g37 coupe..? haha thats funny how are 20 year old supras stomp on newer cars thats cost 10xs as much

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
exactly. i didn't kill him by any means but i was def pullin on his ass. then he ran away, turned right at a light. i tried to follow but was just burning through second through the turn haha.

6th gear

Jan 22, 2010
GA
nice runs...for a good ego boost.You raced a 94 cobra with 4.10.Whoever thought they needed 4.10 gears in a 219rwhp car was high.As for the other two you raced.They where both LT1 cars.Not so fast,even with a LT4 conversion.The last thing i would ever do is try to race this car(mk3)The thing is a boat,and verry under powered.But thats my 2 cents.Good job thowe on the stang,i hate ponies.:)

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Good couple runs,
I ran a camaro last summer and he walked away from me. Got a couple things fixed and he said he wasn't gonna race me again because there was no reason and gave me some line about back in the day people only ran there car once and if they got beat they got beat.

Its ok, I think this summer i'll just have to get some vids :)

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
6th gear;1496704 said:
nice runs...for a good ego boost.You raced a 94 cobra with 4.10.Whoever thought they needed 4.10 gears in a 219rwhp car was high.As for the other two you raced.They where both LT1 cars.Not so fast,even with a LT4 conversion.The last thing i would ever do is try to race this car(mk3)The thing is a boat,and verry under powered.But thats my 2 cents.Good job thowe on the stang,i hate ponies.:)

the cobra is a '97 so its closer to 300hp i think. beating any of these cars is sweet to me right now considering i'd get beat by pretty much anything when i was NA haha.