Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
If you're buying injectors I'd just go as big as you can so you don't have to upgrade later, the 880s tune fine with a lex afm and piggyback and I'd be willing to bet 1000s would do fine as well. I think beyond that you may have some issues unless you get something like a VPC, Juhanis over on SF ran 1200s with the AFC/VPC combo and said it worked well.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Transmission is working well but apparently the E85 has been hard at work while sitting in the fuel system for 8mo, my inline fuel filter has gotten clogged about 5x in the past 3 days leaving me stranded twice. Hopefully I'm close to getting all the crap out...

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
dok33;1872750 said:
Transmission is working well but apparently the E85 has been hard at work while sitting in the fuel system for 8mo, my inline fuel filter has gotten clogged about 5x in the past 3 days leaving me stranded twice. Hopefully I'm close to getting all the crap out...

the water will destroy your system, there is an enzyme treatment for alcohol fuel available at most parts stores and i would recommend a water remover

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Being stranded sucks ass. Hopefully you'll get it all cleaned out...........better yet, hopefully you've got it all cleaned out.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Yep, both times were pretty close to the house, I hoofed it home in 100 degree heat in my work clothes the first day and the wife was kind enough to pick me up the 2nd which is a feat considering she's ~7mo pregnant with twins :)

I ended up flushing my surge tank a couple times over the weekend and got a bunch of sediment and gunk out, I think my fuel system is pretty clean now...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
500mi update, clutch is broken in and I'm back to 22psi of blissful boost! The 4.30 gears really help with spoolup, car is pulling harder than it ever has before, was a great commute into work this morning :)

Tracked down my fuel issues, I bought one of the new Walbro E85 400lph in tank pumps because I thought my 255 was dying, turns out the filter sock was completely clogged with little rubber globs which I've traced back to the coating on my surge tank. I've never had an issue with Al deterioration on non-anodized parts in the 7yrs I've been running E85 in multiple cars but it seems some of the lower grade alloys like what I'm sure my ebay china special tank was made out of have issues so I remove the tank and am just running the 044 inline for now with the 400lph Walbro feeding it which seems to be working pretty well thus far. I've been running the fuel setup for ~5 years with no issues but the car also never sat as long as it did while I was rebuilding the trans and I didn't think to put an additive in to protect everything which I'm doing with every tank from now on.

Eventually I'll upgrade to one of these with the corrosive fuel upgrade when I have the time and $ to get back to road racing...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
400 is run off the stock in-tank fuel pump wiring, the 044 has it's own circuit run off the battery with a fuse and relay that's triggered by the stock fuel pump relay signal.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Just a standard 30 amp 4-pin relay I had in the garage. Just make sure you use a high quality part like Bosch etc., don't want your fuel pump circuit failing and melting pistons!

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
I used some Sta-bil ethanol fuel treatment this time around, our twin girls are due on Thursday and the Supra will be sitting for a while, guess we'll see how it works...