Doesn't start after 3 month of sitting

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
The car was running great as of August 20 or so... Since then the car was sitting and I put some fuel stablilizer in the tank and removed disoconnected the battery. I decided to mount an oil filter relocation kit and a sandwitch plate in order to install oil pressure and temperature sensors. I installed everything and checked all the fluids, and cranked the engine but did not fire at all. I had fuel proper pressure and no codes no blown fuses. The engine does not fire or it feels like the timming is off.
The only thing I did to the engine was installing the sensors. Could the spark plugs be fouled or bad gas? I have had the car sit for this long in the past during my turbo swap and it started just fine.

1989 forged 7mgte, SP61, 550 injectors, Lexus MAF,

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
IwantMKIII;1463338 said:
Tach bounce when you try to start?

Actually I did not notice that. The car is not with me. I will try to work on it this weekend and update you guys.

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
RazoE;1463346 said:
my 92 just sat for 4 months, fired right up as soon as I connected the battery...

check your igniter wiring or any loose wiring..

RazoE and 1J you are right. I will rule out the fuel since it has started before sitting this long. I will try to see if I have spark and let you know.

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
IwantMKIII;1463459 said:
In that case your CPS is registering at least.

I worked on the car this weekend. The car cranked and backfired. But still no codes. I knew this symptom was from a Cps problem I had before. I disonnected the cps and got code 12. Reconnected it and it started . I guess the plug-socket connection must have been bad. I am so happy I got it running. Thanks alot guys.