Do you ever get tired of working?

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
looking by your sig it seems you have a lot of projects on the go.

i get bogged down by a lot of projects myself, not cars, but other things and i end up doing a little bit of everything and never finishing anything.... so maybe you should just put some of them on the back burner and not touch them and try to finish something so you feel like you acomplished something and can move onto the next one?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
once working on the car isnt fun anymore, you should take a break from it if you can. thats why its nice to have a beater.

most things in life are like that, even life it self!

the only thing with life is, you cant really take a break from it and if you kill your self youll never be able to enjoy it again later on.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Nope...when I get frustrated at the car, I walk away, play some Forza...or I will go work on a friend's car for a bit.

Generally, working on cars keeps me from getting depressed.

It's a good way to vent any frustration you have pent up...

"Ahh you cock wrangling piece of shit pitman arm I hope you die in a fire, fucking rotted out piece of junk, gaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" *creak*
:rant:
then the 1 5/16" nut breaks loose, and you feel better.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
boost PSSH boost said:
Nope...when I get frustrated at the car, I walk away, play some Forza...or I will go work on a friend's car for a bit.

Generally, working on cars keeps me from getting depressed.

It's a good way to vent any frustration you have pent up...

"Ahh you cock wrangling piece of shit pitman arm I hope you die in a fire, fucking rotted out piece of junk, gaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" *creak*
:rant:
then the 1 5/16" nut breaks loose, and you feel better.

hahah yep, frustration helped me change the leaf springs on my jeep..haha

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
I get it all the time with school projects, where you go so hard on something that you get burnt out and don't feel like doing anymore. the only difference is they *have* to be done by the end of the semester ... so that's a lil fire under the butt.

born2drive is right though, too many projects on the go is hard. You never get that sense of "ahhh, done". Maybe focus on your white car this winter Ryan? It's the one that's been in the works the longest. Once i'm done school for the semester (Dec 4th), I'll come by and rock out with yah. Help get'r done =)

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Well, some people actually enjoy working on their cars, and others really don't--not all folks see the work the same way.
The ones that really see it as enjoyment are the ones that really kick ass at it.
I think that I read Rajunz saying that he really enjoys working on cars and finds it relaxing.
In a convo in the chat room, we went over this topic and I asked slow66 if he actually liking to work on cars and didn't just doing it because he 'has' to. Same for him--he enjoys it.
Some folks actually do enjoy working on them while some enjoy them when they are all in one piece and together.

In your case, Ryan, you probably get sick of working on cars because you do so much of it, plus the amount of cars you have--they can wear you out.
I could never mess with so many cars at once or own so many at once.
When I finish my bike, I don't think I will ride it anymore because I just don't enjoy working on it.
One inconsiderate reckless driver on the road means that I have to fix a custom paintjob and deal with getting a booth or making a booth and all the required BS in fixing that.

Maybe some company or a that hand of others at your place will make thinks more interesting as well. Other Supra owners' energy can be contagous.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I just hate working alone, and especially without cold beer.

I have 2.5 projects going right now, and I'm having a hard time sitting around waiting for parts to arrive overnight from Japan, etc...

I'm going to a car show this weekend in Louisiana, it's going to be badass.

That might motivate you, take your mind off your car for a bit.

silversup

Supraluva
May 25, 2005
Philly
I swear if it weren't for these supra sites and watching the pics and videos of good lookin, fast running sups, I would have been done with the ride a while ago. When I see a hot, well done supra it keeps me going. Also, when the sup is pulling hard and working correctly ....nuttin like it. Cant wait to complete my 7mgte swap.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
RacerXJ220 said:
I just hate working alone, and especially without cold beer.

I have 2.5 projects going right now, and I'm having a hard time sitting around waiting for parts to arrive overnight from Japan, etc...

I'm going to a car show this weekend in Louisiana, it's going to be badass.

That might motivate you, take your mind off your car for a bit.

What car show???

You have to pass thru Satsuma to get there. Plan on getting gas here, and I'll meet you by the interstate

88supraFAST1

7M WHAT
Feb 8, 2006
Battle Ground, Wa
i work at a performance shop for aliving and the last thing i want to do is work on my car at the end of the day beacuse that means i have to stay at work even longer. and then waiting for parts and money. and then by the time everthing gets there i get pumped up to do it. so i do but then im way to tired the next day to even finish the job. I love working on car but i hate reparing them performance mods are the best. just the feeling you get after everything is working right and the car pulles like a mother. I blow a big fat LOAD every where.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
one of my mian things is i really don't have that much room to work cumfy

need to push the car out but i need storage insuce frist and nice car cover

i think that is what i am going to do

i wounder how much car cover whould cost ?? one that fits and can take weather

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
it's tough to keep motivatedto work on your ride when you do it all day for a living.

i'm the same way with driving...beleive it or not, 16k miles a month, and when i get home, the old lady drives everywhere.

as far as working on cars, i don't touch my dd's they go to the shop.
the project cars, i work on themwhen i feellike it, if there is no pressure of needing it done the next day, it becomes fun again..

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
ForcedTorque said:
What car show???

You have to pass thru Satsuma to get there. Plan on getting gas here, and I'll meet you by the interstate

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=377236#post377236

That one. It's going to be badass. Dyno, 1/4 mile, drifting, IMPORT vs. Domestic, half naked girls, shows, GUNS, and uh, midget wrestling.

Like I said Nashman, go to a car show sometime. It should help motivate you!

I'm riding in a 350z. I can probably stop by for gas and food. PM me ur number so I can try to give u a call when we are rolling up on it.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
110% with you on this one Nash...I'm in the middle of a motor swap and I'm losing my "oomph" to do it. It's becoming tiresome, but I'm sick of seeing the fucking thing up on jack-stands and/or sitting in the driveway/garage all the time. I want that fat pig on the ROAD!!!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Every ounce of the work you do is worthit the first time you fire it up.
It's even more worthit the second you attach your new plates to it, go right to the gas station to fill it up, and watch as people stop and stare at it.

If you get sick of it, walk away. I thought of selling my car long ago because I was sick of looking at it, working on it, and just not driving it.
Instead I stuck to it, finished it, and couldn't be happier that I ever did that. Now I'm in deeper than I was before, and it's almost been a year since it's been running... maybe longer.
It's been a couple months since I've done anything noteworthy to the car, and that doesn't bother me. I'll finish it when I finish it, when both time and money allow.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
NashMan said:
well i have to ask this but do you ever get tired of workign on your car and just never wantign to work on it any more

cause i am at this state and i don't know what to do i have no drive to do it any more for some reson

yes i work as mec as my daily job and race when i can

but whe i lok at my white car i just see jack stand jokey that suck my freaking money away

mabye it cua sie have not really drive fast car in like 1 1/4 years i think

heh. i'm right there with ya....i'm half-contemplating selling it all and being done w/it since i haven't really driven it in 1.5 yrs....BUILDING SUX!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
drjonez said:
heh. i'm right there with ya....i'm half-contemplating selling it all and being done w/it since i haven't really driven it in 1.5 yrs....BUILDING SUX!

i think building sucks when youre like the rest of us....broke!

with unlimited funds i know exactly what i would do, and i would enjoy every damn minute of it!