Do i need to have this thing to work properly?

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
between the starter and transmission there is a metal shim which is attatched to the engine and is sandwhiched between parts of the engine and the tranny. if i forgot to put it on, can i just cut off the part for the starter and use it as a shim without the parts sandwhiched between the engine? or will that cause teh transmission to be mounted/aligned wonky. i wanna just get some shears and cut it off to prevent my starter from not fully disengaging. will i be ok if i just cut the part i need?

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
please tell me that was some kind of cruel joke. you have got to be kidding me! that would literally be impossible for me as i have to do all the work by myself and no longer have a fllor jack to borrow. :( :(

i fucking hate working by myself.

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
wow!!! i love how.. when you take things slow and forget things, you have to end up doing the work that you paid someone $200 to do all over again. so i have to remove my pressure plate, and completely take out the trannny to fit this in? or can i just take out the bolts and slide the tranny out a bit with the pressurep late still bolted on?

so much for having the car running... ive been doing this swap for like a month this is ridiculous!!!

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
Although you have some work to do to make this right, you will never forget about the spacer plate again. That's how you learn, everyone screws up at one time or another. Good luck on you're project, one bolt at a time.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
there really is no "slidding the tranny out a bit", by the time youre able to do that you might as well remove the tranny all together. it is around a 3 hour job if youve never done it before.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
good luck dude. if there is one thing i have learned while owning this car is that there is NO reason to rush ANY job. if you dont have the time to do it the right way, or dont feel like it, just park the thing and wait till you feel inspired to get under there again.